Uekawa-style Sonic (KUSonic)

Chengi

I like your attitude!
Kart Krew™️
"I'm gonna tear up the track!"
-- Jason Griffith, Sonic and the Black Knight (2009)

attachment.php

"okay, do we really need another sonic" -- everyone ever to exist; directly at Chengi when he proposed making, of course, another Sonic

"ow" -- Chengi, upon being pelted with tomatoes for refusing to give the roster more variety

UPDATE 2/12/19:

attachment.php

• Added a self-made MD2 model using Jeck Jims' Kart MD2 as a base! Check the readme for installation instructions!
  • Improved palette contrast for various skincolors. (notably ones with harsher gradients)
  • Improved Wanted/Signpost sprites.

Uekawa Sonic makes his debut!
The world's fastest hedgehog enters the race for the 48,327,126th time among his other blue, spiky brethren! Based on the wonderful illustrations by Yuji Uekawa, he's sporting those lovely green eyes and curved spines that he's been known for since the Dreamcast.

attachment.php

Uekawa Sonic's still as fast as the OG ever was (if not slightly faster), but that seems to come at the cost of heavier weight and slipperier handling. Careful -- get too reckless behind the wheel and you'll be spinning out of control! Make your drifts and turns ahead of time and you'll be leading the race in no time.

(ps: i hope you're okay with jason griffith)

Attachments

• signpost.png
    signpost.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 9,798
  • signpost.png
    signpost.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 11,316
  • uekawastats.jpg
    uekawastats.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 8,228
  • uekawastats.jpg
    uekawastats.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 9,789
  • kart0066.gif
    kart0066.gif
    6.1 MB · Views: 771
  • kart0066.gif
    kart0066.gif
    6.1 MB · Views: 871
  • kart0076.gif
    kart0076.gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 659
  • kart0076.gif
    kart0076.gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 688
  • kart0082.gif
    kart0082.gif
    4 MB · Views: 533
  • kart0082.gif
    kart0082.gif
    4 MB · Views: 488
  • kart0060.gif
    kart0060.gif
    4.4 MB · Views: 540
  • kart0060.gif
    kart0060.gif
    4.4 MB · Views: 554
  • KC_KUSonic_V1.zip
    183.2 KB · Views: 590
  • KC_KUSonic_V1.zip
    183.2 KB · Views: 550
  • KC_KUSonic_V2.zip
    456.6 KB · Views: 1,879
  • uekawamd2.png
    uekawamd2.png
    107.2 KB · Views: 14,312
Last edited:
ecC5Upx.jpg

(I actually gravitate this more towards Sonic Advance, as that's what I grew up with first, and I'll be damned if this don't look nice)

This reminds me of just how cool Modern Sonic can be if done right, and it's a pleasure to have this particular Sonic since compared to Pointy and Toei, this appeals to a vastly different set of people whereas all the previously released other Sonics were only variants of Classic Sonic.

Also makes sense to see this guy given a lot of those Dreamcast-era maps.

Personally, i'm a bit of a Modern era apologist, most games are not as bad as people claim they are, and this is really cool, and actually somewhat kind of sort of adds variety to the roster, since there was no Modern Sonic in Kart, and really reminds me of Sonic Rush, which i grew up with, really love this and now being able to use him in single player, i gotta get a new record in green hills!.

Lol Wow

Its Cool Its Modern SONIC!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 03:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 AM ----------

Aw Yeah This Is Happinin

Love the spritework. Dreamcast-Advance Era Sonic is rarely done in SRB2, so this is a breath of fresh air.

(If only you could do the same for Vanilla too. hint hint

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back