What happened to Windowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prior to 2.1, I was told that there would now be a setting to change the game into Windowed mode, therefore allowing me to play without using the old outdated launcher that doesn't even save player colors because it's so outdated.

However, when I go into Video Options, there are no "3D Graphics Options" underneath Video Modes, unless I use the Launcher to enter OpenGL mode, and only then will 3D Graphics Options appear in Video Options.

I was also thinking we should be able to have bigger freedom when selecting the screen size when not playing in fullscreen, because when I (using the launcher) play the game windowed, I cannot select 640x400 (the smallest size for a windowed screen possible [320x200] doubled) pixels wide/high.

As a matter of fact I do have a batch file saved into my SRB2 folder from when I first played SRB2 in Spring 2012. Though now I'll use the more recent .bat instead.

The game is still not saving the color I set my character via Player Settings.

I like to use windowed mode too. The best solution for this is to download Sonicfreak94's launcher because that one SAVES settings and gets updated.

Changing your color/skin isn't really that much of a hassle, typing it into the console with color *colorname*;skin *skinname* works well enough for me.

Though the launcher also has the ability to skip straight to hosting, so the other stuff is a nice convenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back