• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Mr. Game & Watch wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawhog

I mostly used this as a learning expirence on learning the finer points of making a wad and using the XWE program, Currently he is in the testing stages, he has all of his frames are there(they are supposed to be 'choppy' if you haven't played as him in Brawl/Melee), as well as somewhat of an ability.
I am taking ideas on how to make this little guy better.

Link for beta: http://www.mediafire.com/?0yqroj1m0jo

Screenshots:

srb20000.png

One of his idle frames.
srb20001.png

His jumping/spring up pose. Since he uses the "ability2" in his file, he can't spindash.
srb20002.png

His ability, It is similar to Tails's flying but floats down gently using his parachute.
srb20003.png

Completing the level, showing off the end sign to some extent.

Any feedback on how to better this wad is welcome.

He look pretty decent but make it a little more big like 1.5 more bigger. Aslo remove the link.(sorry to backseat if it is) Its beacause you cannot post link in editing. you need to wait and post in SubMission(witout the link) and wait if its accepted. If it is, it will be moved to realease characters.

Biospark said:
He look pretty decent but make it a little more big like 1.5 more bigger. Aslo remove the link.(sorry to backseat if it is) Its beacause you cannot post link in editing. you need to wait and post in SubMission(witout the link) and wait if its accepted. If it is, it will be moved to realease characters.

I removed the link, even though it will be hard for others to play him to see what needs to be fixed or not..
I will be adding sounds and possibly a better ability.

Actually I'm pretty sure your allowed to use a link. ONLY if its a beta. (Reading from Cue's don't release full versions ETC)

And seeing this is a beta I don't see why not. And If I'm wrong, post the sprites.

Autosaver said:
Actually I'm pretty sure your allowed to use a link. ONLY if its a beta. (Reading from Cue's don't release full versions ETC)

And seeing this is a beta I don't see why not. And If I'm wrong, post the sprites.

Thanks for ironing out this misunderstanding...
I still need to add sounds and fix any glitches that come up.

Anyone who tests him out, make sure to post feedback on how to make him better!

He lacks a MAINCFG or an OBJCTCFG lump, so we can't play as him in Single Player unless we choose the skin in DEVMODE.

Also, he's too small.

But otherwise, I like it.

ga--
game--
MR. GAME AND WATCH??!?!

YES.
I SAY SO MUCH YES.
YES YES YES.
YES.
*cough*
Looks good! I checked to see if you copied it off of a sprite sheet, but I couldn't find anything.

Nice job!

fawfulfan said:
He lacks a MAINCFG or an OBJCTCFG lump, so we can't play as him in Single Player unless we choose the skin in DEVMODE.

Also, he's too small.

But otherwise, I like it.

I think he'd be better being a 'multiplayer only' wad, unless I give him a real reason to be in single player such as his own set of emblems or his own ability. Right now he is something different to play other than the three main characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back