Hidden Sanctuary Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I made the level first, then chose the name. Actually, other people suggested names and then I chose one. Since I'm not changing anything until act 2 is done, do you have any suggestions for a name to fit better? I was considering "Forgotten Sanctuary", but I suppose it doesn't fit according to your review...

I re-uploaded a new version with a couple of things fixed. It also changes the beginning a little so that the player is diverted to the more playable path in my opinion.
Also, should I redo this room? sure, it looks nice, but I fear it plays like crap (according to my new mapping standards):
srb20004-2.png

>_<'

Unfortunately I can't play this map right now to make a review. I'm only able to play SRB2 again after Thursday has passed.

* Ezer wants to play it, badly NAO! *

Mapping is a personal thing. If you don't like the room yourself, you should definitely change it, but otherwise it's fine as-is.

I just wanted an opinion of the people who played it. Y'know, it's not like I'm gonna be the only one liking/disliking this room.

Ice said:
So should I redo the room?.

No, you don't need to redo all. Keep the paths and try to uniform this room with others by adding some scenic elements of forest and irregularities. What is looking strange to me is some empty areas and some straight lines in a jungle atmosphere.

I would add some tree stubs and trunks, rough some walls... well, I did a sketch of what I'm thinking:

roomtw2.png

The feel I was going for is kind of a forest that was once inhabited by some kind of beings, that adapted to the environment without changing much while keeping the "woods" atmosphere. Hence the treehouses, bridges, pathways, etc. Also, some of the ring/enemy placement isn't that great because, after all, this is my first level. I'll work at making it better.

That room is completely fine. Leave it as is. Having occasional flatness isn't a bad thing.

It's not the flatness, it's the somewhat cramped platforming that I fear corrupts the flow a bit.

It doesn't hurt the flow much at all. Plus the idea of hollowed out trees to make platforming is super cool; it's definitely worth a bit of flow breaking.

Ice, are you sure your wad is working properly?

Why music slots, level names and sky are replaced?

I think you should check your level header.

Hmm, what exactly is wrong with it all?

EDIT: I re-downloaded the file and saved it under a different name, but when I load it into the game everything seems fine. I'm not sure what could've happened.

Does anyone else have these problems?

Forget, I had tested your wad in SRB2DB+XSRB2, then I got this:

Now I tested via addfile in SRB2; worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back