Effects following boss defeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeFan1

I'm working on one of those rare levels that has a boss at the end instead of in his own act.

What I want to know is... Instead of creating an egg capsule (Which looks difficult) Is it possible to create a door in the wall, which will open upon the boss's defeat, leading to the end sign? If so, how? (For that matter, how do you make anything happen upon the boss's defeat?)

Try a "No more enemies" Linedef Executor on the Sector(s) the boss fight takes place in. Have it trigger the effects you need (like a door opening or the floor falling).

If you just want to end the level upon defeating a boss, without creating an egg capsule. Just right click the boss in your wad editor of choice and tick the "Default Flag" option, this will cause the level to end upon defeating Eggman, without having to create a path to an end sign.

Try a "No more enemies" Linedef Executor on the Sector(s) the boss fight takes place in. Have it trigger the effects you need (like a door opening or the floor falling).
I don't think that would work, because bosses aren't specified with the MF_ENEMY flag, are they?

Also, BlazeFan1, you could absolutely make an Egg Capsule without much difficulty...just Copy/Paste it into your level, along with its control sectors, and play around with the textures a little bit. But you'll have to make the floor height of the boss battle room equal to the height of the room you're Copy/Pasting the Egg Capsule from.

Alternatively, isn't there a Thing flag which, if applied to the boss, makes the level end automatically when the boss is defeated?

Last edited:
Ok, so I could copy in an egg capsule, or I could make the level end upon the boss's defeat.

But I kind of wanted a final path to open upon the boss's defeat, just because it would be cool.

It's more complicated than it has to be, but I'd like to do it that way if possible. If it's really not, I'll just put in a an egg capsule.

I could try Kyasarin's method, but you guys suspect it wouldn't work... not to mention I know NOTHING about linedef executors.

What command makes the egg capsule rise upon the boss's defeat? Couldn'y I use that command to open a door instead or something?

(By the way, I think even if this is possible, I'll save it for a later level perhaps. I'll go see if I can put in an egg capsule.)

Last edited:
You could always use the sector which automatically rises when you defeat a boss to slide an invisible, intangible FOF into the boss arena with a linedef executor that opens the door. You could even make a small gargoyle box outside the level with an FOF which rises once the boss is defeated and launches the gargoyle into a linedef executor trigger if you don't want it to affect only a portion of the room.

Neo Chaotikal, that sounds good, but it would take me days of research to figure out how to build what you just said.

I'm not talking about a continuous loop, or anything of the sort. Just imagine this: You have a gargoyle on a conveyor belt which is pushing it against an FOF. The sector in which the FOF resides is a linedef executor trigger for pushable objects. When the boss is defeated, the FOF control sector's floor rises, making the FOF rise up like a door, and the gargoyle slides into the trigger sector, effectively setting off a linedef executor when the boss is defeated.

Sources tell me that the No More Enemies trigger checks for bosses as well, though, so as long as your arena doesn't have more things with MF_ENEMY or MF_BOSS, that should work fine.

Ok. I'll save the info in this thread somewhere, because I want to try this on a future level.

For now, I just made the level apruptly end upon defeat of the boss. Time to make a few adjustments and submit the level.

Hopefully linedef executors on boss panic and boss death will be implemented in a future version of SRB2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, so they don't work at the moment then.

Also OMG SSNTails commented on my thread! It's like, an honor or something

Let's not get fanboyistic here. SSNTails is a human being (I should know, I've gone bowling with him), just like the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back