Realistic Shuttle Loops With Srb2DoomBuilder...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello you guys know even though my Metallix project thread is locked I am still working on them, and I need help with some of the things I am planning on inputting into my Mod, and one of the things I need is a convincing 3d model of a shuttle loop, and I would like to ask of you wonderful people the question as to how I am to create a shuttle loop that actually looks like a shuttle loop that could actually work using all the features that the Srb2DoomBuilder limits us to.

If any one of you happen to know a way of doing this, please show, tell, and teach it to me with what ever method of your choosing... Thank you!

Also please accept my apologies in advanced for any unruly behavior that I may have, or may yet have replied to you with as sometimes I forget to look at us all as equals by our many differences... I apologize in advance.

There's been a lot of discussion about loops over the years. I would be willing to bet that your best option is going to be constructing a Loop-like structure and running a zoom-tube through it :/ I'd try to help more, but I don't know a whole lot about doom builder. Sorry.

Well I just need to have the sructure down pat first, then I will worry about how it will work like a shuttle loop later... I would need to know how many floors, sectors, etc. I would need, where to place them, and at what hieght and width to adjust them all...

Chaos Zero 64 is whom you want to go to for making loops. He recently made a loop in a level (Which you'll soon see) that I saw. I must say it's the best one I've seen.

To be honest, the loops I made back then sucked horribly.

srb20068.png

Example of Chaos Zero 64's old loop. It looks really bad, I know. That's because I was fooling around with it in this level I'm making.

srb20079xjyi2.gif

Well do you guys remember when I made this bonus level out of what I like to call valley ramps? Well I plan on putting the techniques that went into that level into making a smooth shuttle loop, the only problem is, I have no idea on how to build the shape of the structure... So any ideas?

EMPEROR METALLIX said:
I have no idea on how to build the shape of the structure

Make the slope go left or right-ward, plus 3D floors.

I can't imagine the game not lagging like hell, though.

Sorry fo the minor(sp?) bump, but I think I know te answer to this. What you need to do is set up FOFs for the floors of the "slope," but make the FOF's kinda... different. It's hard to explane, but basically what you need to do is first make two sides of the loop first, and then build FOFs for the loop, but divide the floor sectors so the FOFs kinda "curve." It's all very complicated, but if you PM me the link for a test-loop, then I can attempt to carve out the loop from the "slope", and you can create the level from there on. Again, sorr for the bump, but I tink I can help this guy. Good luck, Emperor Metallix.

If you are curious to see the kind of loop that goober told you about then go to the sparkle pop race zone in one of the multiplayer packs on the addons page of the main site (Yes Goober, the loop you mentioned exists and has been done before). I believe that it in one of the newer contest packs from 2007 (Jan-Feb or March-April I can't remeber which) It may also be dmzwadpack or multiplayerfusion. Either way they all have great levels so I would check them out anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back