Status
Not open for further replies.

Wind

Agent Hack's original acc
Chaotic Duels.
Version 1.
A match and tag pack.

_______

Woo! After a month and a half in production but it is finally completed!

Chaotic Duels is a match pack created by me Wind the hedgehog, originally this was supposed to have more music etc. but I never found help...
After long stressing hours behind the screen I finally feel ready to release this.

Screens:

Cosmic Crisis Zone....

cosmiccrisisin8.png

Features
10 fun filled maps to brawl your cards out! :lol:
Exotic environments from fertile fields to hot lava.
Uhh yeah...

So with out further ado here is the download.

Download via Wad base file host.

Download via SRB2FFH

Criticism is essential to help me improve this pack, Kind, neutral, or harsh criticism welcomed!

Ok, here we go again, I just downloaded this, and here are the results..

Emerald Valley: 3/10, didn't see a real change in this version compared to the last. The problems in this stage is it's very bland in most of the stage especially at the top section, and it lacks in rings. Although if you are playing tag, this may be fun for a few minutes. Try editing this one more if you can.

Flooded Ruins: 3/10, again, not many changes except there are more air bubbles underwater which is a small bonus I suppose. Other from that, it's teh same bland old design. Have you seen any water stages such as Hydro Plant Zone in SRB2DB? that gives you a rough idea of how water stages are done despite other ideas can be thought of as well.

Match Grounds: 4/10, same as the last release, not an awful lot of changes, try adding a few more springs in the castle thing bit for quicker escape routes. Also, add some more scenery, the outside bit is bland. The other problem with this is it's too small to be a match & tag map, so increase the size a bit.

Isolated Snow: 3/10, too bland, and because it's too big with no detail in them, it sometimes shows software glitches because of it. Also it lacks in rings. Try spending more time on this one, and it may turn out good.

Magma Way: 4/10, getting better, but there are still flaws. First of all, there isn't much scenery in the level, secondly, your rock like roof thing has a fire effect on it, meaning anyone who stands on the rock can get burned which is not fair, you may want to change that, also add some more rings, and more escape routes especially the deep lava bit which is almost impossible to escape out of.

Frozen Sky: 5/10, the best in the pack so far, but still, not a lot of changes I see. Add some more scenery & rings. Then it would be an good enopugh stage to play match on, although it just passes for tag.

Poisoned Tree: 4/10, again not many changes except more scenery in the level which I give props for that. But still, the leaves are solid in the trees, realistic ones, the characters go through underneath them. Try looking for Lindef tyoe 59, and give it your trees. Also, add some more rings & escape routes especially the slime part (spring wise)

Now the new stages.

Fertile Fire: 3/10, you should of spent more time on this one, it could of had potential if you did spend more time on it, it lacks in rings & scenery, and the lava part lacks in escape routes. Spend more time on this one, and it could have some potential.

Starlit Mountain: 4/10. Ok, but it could be better, the giant deathpits are not really that fun, especially when you try to escape which happened in certian places in the stage which is not fun at all. Also, add more rings, and add some scenery if you can. This map does have potential, you just need to work on it.

Cosmic Crisis: 4/10, I like the idea, but this needs more working on, it lacks in scenery in the theme like sections, and it's too small to be a match map. Nothing else to be said.

Overall: 3.5/10, not an awful lot of changes except the scenery adding, or items. So far still, your flaws this time are lack of rings in some stages, and the stages are either too small, or overused deathpits. Also, don't rush your stages. Some can have potential if you put the time into it.

Well thanks for the review. I was planning on making the trees the FOF intangible like you said but I forgot I'll do that very soon. As for when you said take a look at hydro plant that's exactly how I got the idea for Flooded Ruins but for the level's bland problem I really don't know any Ideas to fix it, maybe some suggestions? But anyways thanks for the criticism I'll get right on the problems as soon as possible.

Well I see some potential here. I'm not gonna rate the maps one by one as I have not played them in a netgame or anything. However, I did find that the maps got progressively better as I advanced through the maps.
Nothing in there was worth more than a 5 or 4/10 though, but you seem to know the basics of good map making. Just try to put more detail and make some of your maps a bit more complex. A lot of these maps seemed like just bits and pieces broken off of larger and better levels.
Also, some of the levels seemed to lack some good vertical movement, emphasis on good.

Ice said:
emphasis on good.

Funny. Anyways I'm going to do a Christmas version which is the official version 1.2. Basically it adds some ice textures as such to the levels except for cosmic crisis. And replaces some musics, and some new textures curtsy of the SRB2AssetPack.wad.

Gonna be released on 12:00am of Christmas day, Exactly on the dot.

Well, I played this in a laggy server, but I still have a few words of advice.

1.)A lot of your maps are very cramped, the only one that wasn't was Emerald Valley.

2.) I suggest scrapping Match Grounds, it was not enjoyale, and it had a bad combination which leads me to another point.

3.) Don't put strong power ups such as Invincibility right in a corner somewhere, people will camp near it and continue to grab it again and again.

4.) I suggest making Magma Way's thok barrier higher, as it looks pretty ugly with it so low.

5.) Use more ring boxes, lines of rings are okay, but they are generic, you can make you map look better if you use a good combination of ring boxes, and stand alone rings.

Final Note: While this pack is merely subpar, I can see you making some decent levels in the future.

You should try the pack in a non-laggy server, this pack is quite un-enjoyable when in lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back