TMTBONUSLEVEL!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE! UPDATE!!!!11one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tired of those boring bonus levels that the makers of srb2 stuck you with?
Want something more entertaining?
Do you remember the good old days when bonus levels were more than just special?
sonicbonusvw9.jpg

Well here's the answer to the above questions!!!

Its a brand new CAR!!! *shot*

Nope its just a shiny new level...
srb20079xjyi2.gif

(SHING!!! Sparkle Sparkle)
Ok it's not that impressive but still it is interesting even though it is still in the beta testing phase, and you have to jump to get "unstuck" but it is still interesting and i wand to hear the input of my fellow gamers/level makers/character makers/soccers/modders/etc...
Heres the download link, please give critique and possibly advice...
http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=b7020682c3d6c7aed48faef5ad83ec13
I know theres probably a very slim chance this will happen, but I would also like some imput from a few of the mods and staff who helped make the levels and other things for srb2, but with my luck...
Note: This is not the first level I have evermade, however, it is the first I have ever chosen to release...
Edit: the ring problem was fixed, and that screenshot is now inaccurate...

UPDATE TIME!!!!!!: Here is the new link to the better version!!!
Requirements for best gameplay, using the strafe buttons, playing the game in midi mode, playing the game in ogl mode, this will result in the game play being OVER 9000!!! times better...
http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=eefee151b9bcb71395b40cfd99b2b8ca
For a little bonus, skip the rings and jump in the black hole port...

It wasn't particularly good. Though don't get me wrong; this was an amazingly weird concept done amazingly well in SRB2, and you have my props. It was a strange experience starting out, considering I saw way more 'slope' than I was used to, but it was nice looking, if not annoying. The only problem is that there is no automatic forward movement, there are TOO MANY spikes, and in order for something like that do be done well, you would have to force the player to use strafe, which not all players can do.

Still, good job nonetheless.

It's cramped, requires a jump to do anything, and upon reaching just a few feet into the level, it ends. It also causes the game to slow down a little.

I like the idea though. Just fix those and it will be fine.

I forgot to mention, one ring ends the level on easy mode, try normal or hard, the slopes can be walked on, dont spin if you know whats good for you, I am still working on the wind, although I haven't quite figured how yet, I am working out a way to make the level longer, but I don't want to have to make all those sectors and lindefs again and resize them so thay look like that again... Still working on strafe, and this level is open to be edited by others who wish to... And what props? The stair builder?

I would not give this a 10/10 much less what N.Centz wrote.

The stage begins with the camra outside the the level, and a character as fast as Sonic can't possibly expect to doge all those spikes. You can thok to the end of the level in about 3 or 4 seconds. This is a good concept, but maybe you should change it up a bit.

Well, thats not a real problem is it? Because the current tails and knuckles in srb2 won't need them, unless I swallow my pride for only making robotic wads and release the sknux and stails me and my brother made...

EMPEROR METALLIX said:
Random Movie Clip: *Picture*

My level at the top?
Other bonus levels at the bottom?

Ya know, i'm going to be the black sheep here and say it's the other way around. First off, i'm stuck in the begining, and jumping only slightly helps me out. Also, the spike balls are Realy. *******. Hard to see. Same with the rings. And why is there a Ideya Drone at the end?! And a wind that fails to work?! I REALY don't like this. It was a good idea, poorly executed.

4/10

Fewer spike balls, longer level, fewer rings, and automatioc forward movement are what you need to improve this level. It looks amazing, but doesn't play well and is extremely laggy compared to other maps (I can run other maps at 1280x1024, OGL, with MD2s and no lag; but this lagged in software mode!)

Chrome the hedgehog said:
I would not give this a 10/10 much less what N.Centz wrote.

The stage begins with the camra outside the the level, and a character as fast as Sonic can't possibly expect to doge all those spikes. You can thok to the end of the level in about 3 or 4 seconds. This is a good concept, but maybe you should change it up a bit.

I got through like that in say, 15-20 seconds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back