Stuff to put in 1.09

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but notice your obvious usage of reverse psychology and social facilitation.

The last and perhaps easiest suggestion I think I'll have for awhile:

Something in the level header to omit the word "Zone". Adventure Fields never ended in "Zone". It wasn't Mystic Ruins "Zone".

As for skidding, I don't think much really HAS to be added, you know, AJ. Maybe just the animation and the sound -- Sonic slows down just fine as it is. It just looks awkward when he stops so damn hard without the skidding animation to accompany it, is all.

megasonic101/srb2 said:

3. Why not put in Sadam Housane as a playable character?

who would want to play as him?[Thinks of osama bin laden]

Although I am well aware of the nature of the gameplay to be as original Sonic-ish as possible, I have the following suggestion:

The homing attack featured in both the Sonic Adventure test and the mod featured on the site makes Sonic's midair jump attack infinitely more useful and easier to control than it is now. I personally believe it would make up for Sonic's lack of Flight/Gliding to balance out the gameplay style.

This could be implemented if the following glitches were fixed:
1. The bombers/bullet shooting badniks kept thier movement.
2. The homing attack would cut off after two seconds if a target isn't hit to avoid getting trapped between a thin barrier with a badnik on the other side.
3. Once the homing attack does hit a target it causes the same rebounding movement as when a badnik is destroyed by it, regardless of if the target was destroyed(This concerns multiple hit enemies such as robotnik so that they are not destroyed with one homing attack).
4. The homing attack locks on to springs and item boxes.

By the way, what do you have to type in in the launcher to play in "2D mode"?

Hmmm... The Sonic Adventure level that can be unlocked has no springs or item boxes to lock on to, and I am pretty sure the person who made the SA mod for the rest of the game didn't program those in eithier.

Check for yourself if you don't believe me.

Also the newer exe makes you only hit Eggman once with the homing attack and makes it so you can always see him. (ie: you can run around Eggman and the camera will basically stay locked onto him)

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Well since all of the glitches aren't really glitches anymore, I guess my only real suggestion is that the homing attack is implemented into the actual game.

Additionally, how about turning off Holiday effects when an outside wad is loaded? =P Having it snow in SASRB2 and have random Christmas textures in spots they aren't supposed to be is a little weird. And it snows in Shaflugi's GC wad, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Back