JTE Bots in 2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

time gear

Eternity in an hour
Is it possible by any chance that JTE Bots could become part of the official game? Even as an unlockable? Because people such as myself enjoy playing the game with characters that follow you, or characters to practice with in private netgames by themselves.

It would also be good if they where part of the official game because they would be usable in other EXE's that the player might have downloaded as well, rather than being EXE exclusive.

Bots are way too buggy and are prone to crash, so I doubt the official SRB2 will ever have bots.

Bots are way too buggy and are prone to crash, so I doubt the official SRB2 will ever have bots.

I know next to nothing about coding and programming, but I'm sure that if they where worked on enough, those problems could be fixed.

Well, bots are almost useless in the end, and I doubt the dev team feels like programming them into the game.

they are still fun to use. but beside that, they still have the use of being good for practice in netgames.

In what way are they "way too buggy" and prone to crashing the game? The JTEBots in 1.69.10 work fine, they can play a half-assed Match game pretty well. =P

I don't care if we don't see bots in an official SRB2 release, but it would be a pretty cool idea. =P

i just thought of another reason that this is a good idea! because it would make srb2 more like the classics! for example, tails following sonic. although they would have to be fixed up a bit to work on more modes and stop crashing the game. but think of the possibilities! it would be great for a sonic 2 or sonic 3 remake, and much more!

I don't care so much with bots in multiplayer mode. For me, a Tails bot that follows Sonic in single player is more than enough. This could even be an unlockable item or a reward in SP.

In what way are they "way too buggy" and prone to crashing the game? The JTEBots in 1.69.10 work fine, they can play a half-assed Match game pretty well. =P

Maybe because they get stuck in walls and crash the game a lot?

Bots are fun to mess with, but I'd rather see the SP levels being made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back