• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

My mod project

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first release, and, no I do not have an actual name for it yet. It is not priority. Levels come first. Then other things like plot. Then extra features, then name. At the very end, I name it. I learned that naming it first is not good for me. It ruins things.

Alright, then. I just named it unnamedbeta, for whatever reasons. I am not the most creative with names, not that I care. Yeah, well, So far, two of the seven training levels are done, then I can start on the main ones. Why training levels? Well, I like to make things seem confusing in the beginning and yet obvious after you see how it is done. In short, to cvomplete a level, you need to, A) Think, and B) Attempt crazy stuff that works after tried, and C) Look for visual glitches/things I put in to find your way out. You will get it when you try out the levels.

Now, then, and no, I do not like the word 'then', I just use it a lot, I don't know why either. As I go along, I will also be releasing parts of the plot, which will include the following things, if you do not like these things, do not comment on them, or degrade my work for it, please. It is like branding yourself a noob. I know, I run a few places and watched as people did this, as well as doing it myself once.

Huh? Oh right, the list: Eight elemental stones/energies to replace the chaos emeralds, convoluted plots and plot holes, Odd and cool looking plot character( normally me, also normally a secret agent or guardian of said 8 elements), music from other games, Linkin park music for mood, and sonamy, I wouldn't include Sonic otherwise, I do not like Sonic. I like Tails and Shadow, Sonic is my least favorite character, so I'd only include him so I can add romance to the plot.

You can download it here:LINK. Please let me know if I missed adding in any textures or anything like that. The hill in the second level you start on is supposed to be like that, so that doesn't count.

Well, that's definitely a start, but they're going to need to be way longer, with more detail.

Stop talking about your project and start actually working on it.

Unsurprisingly, this is only two maps that are very underdeveloped. Start small before you start making a mod, please.

*sigh* The one thing I never learned how to do. Reading manuals isn't my strong point. Give me a bit. I'll get them. Note that they will not be flashy in any way. The levels in this one are just stuff to learn how to get by the master project. I think I even forgot some stuff in the two that are in it now... Heh. My bad.

Oh, right screens. The link may not work, my server is crap, but this is the folder with screens:Here

@fawfulfan: I know. The one I uploaded and the one I saved are different since my computer glitched and got rid of my work between the two saves. Working on rebuilding it.

@bluezero4: Well, would starting small include that last year to two years of working on single levels. Most of them aren't flashy, but they are big, and have all the gimmicks that are in most large games. Designing texture schemes is not something I do well. Though I cannot prove it to you since my friend thought it would be a good idea to delete my projects folder thinking it was for school. EDIT: I think I still have one project that was a big map that worked, it was not complete but it was still good for tag or match(In some cases, rings were grouped as pert of the design). I'll look into getting that as an example.

Triple posting will most likely get me killed, but hey, it is an update. I improved the difficulty, now things rise and fall in both levels. I dare you to stand still in the first portal of the first level for 30 seconds.

Adrianroya said:
Triple posting will most likely get me killed, but hey, it is an update. I improved the difficulty, now things rise and fall in both levels. I dare you to stand still in the first portal of the first level for 30 seconds.

You won't get killed as long as the three posts weren't directly one after the other.

Adrianroya said:
Reason: Summer vacation, it messes up everything for me. Solution: Give me time. I'll become good again.
Thats not an excuse for poor level design, plan out your levels first and get use to making maps before starting a mod.

I NEED THE PROOFZORS! Seriously, you need proof or the Admins might lock this topic. O: (BTW this isn't posted as back seat moderating, I'm just giving advice. If I get banned for giving advice, then what has this world come to? *gasp*)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back