Official Level Design Contest: January/February

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueZero4 said:
Good Lord, I am going to utterly phail in comparison to one of the oldest mappers in the community. *faints*

HAH. HAHA. I doubt I'm one of the oldest mappers and I highly doubt I'm really that good. Yes I've won a lot of contests in my time but that was during my prime, not to mention I never actually went up against the elitists such as Tets and Mystic.

I just sent my Single Player entry in. Though it's still the kind of level you'd expect from me that wouldn't be added to the next SRB2 version, it has a cool gameplay through scripting.

CZ, I know this is off topic but you must tell me where you got that avatar. D:

To bring things a bit back on topic, I doubt I'll ever submit another single player level...those levels just don't seem to be my forte.

I have three questions.

1. When you say publicly released, does that mean if we send the map to a few people instead of putting it up for anyone to download we would still be able to enter with that map?

2. If we release a map, and then make a second version of that map that isn't released, will we be able to send in the second version?

3. Can we retract entries?

EDIT:

4. Can we submit two versions of the same map?

EDIT2:

5. If we submit an entry to a contest, then make a second version of the map, will we be able to submit the second version to a future contest?

Kaysakado With Glaber's answers said:
I have three questions.

1. When you say publicly released, does that mean if we send the map to a few people instead of putting it up for anyone to download we would still be able to enter with that map? I would assume so as what you described was a private release.

2. If we release a map, and then make a second version of that map that isn't released, will we be able to send in the second version? I don't think so as people have seen and played the first version.

3. Can we retract entries? No idea
[/b]

Kaysakado said:
When you say publicly released, does that mean if we send the map to a few people instead of putting it up for anyone to download we would still be able to enter with that map?
Yes.

Kaysakado said:
If we release a map, and then make a second version of that map that isn't released, will we be able to send in the second version?
No.

Kaysakado said:
Can we retract entries?
Perhaps, if you contact Mystic explicitly stating what you want.

Kaysakado said:
Can we submit two versions of the same map?
No.

Kaysakado said:
If we submit an entry to a contest, then make a second version of the map, will we be able to submit the second version to a future contest?
No.

This contest better be better than what we've seen before...
Luckily, Mystic failed at guilting me to wad, so no crap entries from me this time 'round.

I wonder what could be that special treatment on the website. I can't wait to try these maps to.

Much as submissions should have ended today, I would appreciate it if Mystic waited to start the contest until friday, because I don't have that much time for SRB2 on a school day.

I hope the right version of Glaber Glutch circuit gets used. I sent in a second one to replace the first because it could not be finished by Sonic.

Spazzo said:
This contest better be better than what we've seen before...
Luckily, Mystic failed at guilting me to wad, so no crap entries from me this time 'round.

You just need a source of inspiration that DOESN'T come from another game. Once you get that down, I'm sure you could make a decent map.

I am late! Nooooooo! Oh well........ There is always the March/April contest..... I will get you next time! Oh you bet I will! Prepare for a big boom of CTF And Match levels in march....... Curse ya Level Designing contest! I will get you in march...... :x
~Mecha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back