Epic Mickey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing it right now.

What people say is true. The camera DOES suck ass and Mickey moves rather slow with how huge the levels are. It's still a very interesting game, however.

Just found this on TV Tropes.

img1825_02.jpg

Oh hey, Aesthetic Gamer has stuff for those who want to spoil themselves silly. Amongst those is the song of the very first boss battle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dseS4nFHJwU&feature=related

This game is amazing.

Last edited:
On the contrary, I honestly hope that the game stops bringing up inane amounts of text and cutscenes after the first hour or so of gameplay, because I'm getting fucking sick of it.

On the other hand, it's a decent game for the small amount I've played so far. The paint and thinner gimmick is interesting. Currently I'd say it's, simply, a good game.

On the contrary, I honestly hope that the game stops bringing up inane amounts of text and cutscenes after the first hour or so of gameplay, because I'm getting fucking sick of it.

On the other hand, it's a decent game for the small amount I've played so far. The paint and thinner gimmick is interesting. Currently I'd say it's, simply, a good game.

It wont. It'll slow down the cutscenes but the text and "BLACK SCREEN, FADE BACK, TELL YOU WHAT TO DO, PROFIT" will still stay.

I'm at Tommorow City, it's actually hard here... :/

It wont. It'll slow down the cutscenes but the text and "BLACK SCREEN, FADE BACK, TELL YOU WHAT TO DO, PROFIT" will still stay. /

Well, fuck my patience, then.

It'll take me weeks to finish this game, then, especially when I'm already occupied with two other games that have much more of my interest.

I'm also finding the handling of the Paint/Thinner mechanic to be a lot less fluid than I thought it was going to be. A bit of a disappointment. The game will probably get better but right now nothing gameplay-wise is really making me go WOW.

Here's my evaluation of the game from Sonic Retro.

Well, guys, I just finished my first playthrough.

Despite the fact that the game is not that Hellish Disneyland we saw in the original concept art that we yearned for, here's the lowdown from your local cartoon critic.

Yes, this game is good. The camera does need fine tuning (if future installments are made, I'll appreciate heavy improvement in the camera, but considering that they did have to tailor a camera for worlds that you changed constantly I'll forgive them this first time) and
taking out Bloticles could have been less tedious
, but overall this a great game. I really enjoyed it. Instead of being constant Nightmare Land material, it sacrifices the earlier surrealistic concepts for a more heartwarming story of redemption and gaining a brother's love with plenty of mischief to be had. The large range of choices to be made do change the people's opinions about you and do change the pathway you shape in the game despite the cutscenes not seeming to reflect these choices at times. But when I
saw Animatronic Donald left on his stand in Bog Easy, it made me feel like an ass for not finding all of his pieces
. I also very much appreciate the heavy sense and focus on exploration. It helped the game in my opinion. Oh and go in expecting a long game. The worlds are HUGE. And there's plenty of stuff to do. So yeah, it was a delightful game with a few problems but an EXCELLENT story.

But that's not to say that there isn't some creepy shit in there. Beetleworx are still there and the Animatronic companions may send some children screaming. Reading TV Tropes helped me look back at some details and realize some shit that's a little disturbing. And I felt like a complete monster for killing one of Oswald's kids in a thinner pool on
Mickeyjunk Mountain

So. It's great. An 8/10 for me. I hope Warren's mentioned hopeful plans on the GI website come to fruition, because a movie and theme park ride MUST BE MADE. Plus, Tale Spin deserves a game as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

12/28 Update on stance: I decided to check out the Bad Ending.... And that made me quickly realize how kiddied up this was. Yes, playing as Hero Mickey ends up giving you a great redeeming, heartfelt story, but if you play as Scrapper Mickey you get.... the exact same thing.
You still redeem Wasteland, Ortensia is still rescued from her stony fate, and the Blot is destroyed. THE ONLY DIFFERENCES are that your animatronic friends are stuck handicapped and sullen in their cases and that the Petes are all pricks except Small Pete who pouts that you didn't help the Gremlins understand that him ruining their village was an accident. Instead of you realizing you fucked up an entire world and it falling to ruin as you steal your heart back from the Blot and him being left to terrorize the Wasteland and his associate, Dr. XXX ruling as King of the Animatronic Beetlworx, you still redeem a world.
This helped not want to play the game a second time. What's the point if my decisions still lead to the same fate? What was that about crafting a story with the player, Spector? I think Disney got you to kiddy your game a wee bit too much. Whatever the reason, I think I got duped and now I'm stuck with a game that's decision system is actually needs more work, and that is trumped by... Shadow the Hedgehog of all games. At least that game built up to him being a loner, a hero, or a complete monster. Seriously. I don't fucking believe it.

This is basically Fable lite, except you still redeem Wasteland. Gives me more incentive to be a hero if the world still gets redeemed instead of becoming a Lovecraftian vision of a Disneyland gone wrong.

Now I consider this game pretty average. BUT... I still want more Blot, Dr. XXX, and Oswald love. I feel that this game had so much potential marred by a buggy camera and executive meddling. It could have been mind blowing instead of usual happy go lucky Disney fare. NOW, I think that it was a horrid idea to sacrifice the earlier concept art. Now I miss the potential Nightmare Land that could have been.

It's still a good game, but it's definitely not what I was hoping for now that I know what I know. I should have just spoiled myself when the playthroughs started popping up on Youtube.

Here's that ending if you guys are interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_icBzXMDF1U&NR=1

I am FURIOUS now. This isn't as good as it should have been and I got it for Christmas. I'm not sure whether to love or hate this game now, but there is so much lost potential. I could have helped Mickey be an ass, but I still would make Wastelanders happy. What gives?!

I hope this isn't as big a disappointment as the last one was. It looks like they will be doing this as a trilogy after all. No wonder my choices barely meant shit. Wish they had just made it an amazingly large game and packed all of their ideas into one title. Oh well, I guess?

And by the looks of it, does this sequel let us play as Oswald? Would be interesting. I also like that second cover best, keeping with the "white environment, brush stroke, and main characters with their backs to the audience" motif.

I like the third one a lot just because it has the classic Disney castle in the back.

Odd seeing it go multi-platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back