How to play a game without the master server

Status
Not open for further replies.
astar said:
okay, just making sure.
Planning to hangout there Mr. Hedgehog? *shot by A-star* It's possible for people to join you even when your not hosting on the MS, just by IP.

By the way, you need to create a Hamachi network, and have yourself a nick name set up and such for it to work. And you need to have the people you want to be able to join your private server join your Hamachi network before hand.

sonicfreak94 said:
By the way, you need to create a Hamachi network, and have yourself a nick name set up and such for it to work. And you need to have the people you want to be able to join your private server join your Hamachi network before hand.
Hamachi's used in alot of games and some which only have LAN play in order to play online, take black and white for an example, that only has LAN play for online due to EA shutting down their server so we use hamachi and we all just connect through LAN. I'm guessing srb2 should work the same way.

I used Hamachi for a MMORPG a long time ago,
and one time as I wanted to play Srb2 with a friend,
we tried to use Hamachi,because noone of us knows
how to host on the Master Server.
Something went wrong.
He wasn´t able to join my game,
and as he tried to host a game,
I didn´t find his server,too.
Is Hamachi not compatible with Srb2,
or did we make a mistake?

Lars said:
Something went wrong.
Hamachi's is completely compatible with srb2, you didn't forward your ports.

Lars said:
Something went wrong.

You gotta make sure you BOTH have it running and not only running, but POWERED ON. And

sonicfreak94 said:

Using Hamachi instead of the master server isn't such a bright idea.

Last edited:
Who talked about Hamachi not working because you didn't forward your ports? Hamachi is there for those who can't forward ports for whatever reason. Also, some people don't work well with IP hosting because they host on a port other than 5029. In this case, type something like this...

Code:
connect "213.4.55.12:3566"

Guys! IP? That's a way for hackers to get in your computer and steal important information like credit card numbers and emails! What are you guys thinking?!

Guys! IP? That's a way for hackers to get in your computer and steal important information like credit card numbers and emails! What are you guys thinking?!

We were thinking that most of the internet was smart enough to have security software that would prevent such things by this point in time.

Besides, you aren't going to get hacked if you don't publicly spam your IP everywhere. Just send it to people you trust.

And Hamachi uses it's own separate [L]AN IPs anyways...

hmph

Ok so i would go on srb2, search for a game, find their are no servers on the ms, find why this problem exist, and found i could ip search someone. BUT I DONT KNOW ANYONES IP! X(

and retro ss. for even making that statement i should smack you.

Joining by IP address is not a method for searching for games, it's a method of joining games with people you already know.

Think of it like a bunch of friends getting together at someone's house to hang out. You have to know where the house is before you can go there.

Well can I get a map (some ips) of the house if anyone is playing because I can't connect for my life.
EDIT: Mystic before you send me another warning I changed the grammer... HAPPY??!!!

Last edited:
Well you wouldn't give out your home address to strangers on the internet, would you?

IP connect is for people you already know. The master server is for finding people you don't know.

Your thinking port forwarding. In any case, I can bet SRB2's port is safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back