sugestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, no. No secret characters. All we need in the real game is Sonic, Tails and Knux. Sonic Heroes was ruined in part due to there being twelve characters. This game is supposed to be like the original Sonic games, and in those, there were no secret characters. You want new characters to be unlocked? Program them into a mod, because SRB2 isn't originally meant to have secret characters. Plus, Shadow should have died and stayed dead in SA2, and both he and MS are Sonic ripoffs, although MS is much cooler.

'cept for maybe Zim, but I wouldn't call that a secret character. More like a multiplayer easter egg of sorts. :P

Right, and that's what the wads, secret levels and other things that weren't in the originals(like emblems) are, easter eggs that are there for replay value.

Roboashura said:
Um, no. No secret characters. All we need in the real game is Sonic, Tails and Knux. Sonic Heroes was ruined in part due to there being twelve characters.
I disagree, sir. Everyone loves secret characters. What's more important; staying true to the original, or improving it?

Also, Sonic Heroes wasn't ruined because it had twelve characters, it was ruined because it sucked. I really wish everyone'd stop complaining about the extra characters. More characters = more variety and added playability. As long as they don't all have random gameplay gimmicks tacked on, I say we should have more characters. Especially those of the secret variety.

Whatever floats your boat, but I stand by my opinion.

Roboashura said:
This game is supposed to be like the original Sonic games, and in those, there were no secret characters.
And in those games there directly wasn't any secret to unlock. Only the cheats like level select and debug mode, but they aren't secrets to unlock, just cheats that are entered by pressing a combination of keys. Nothing more.

WHO READS THE DAMN SUBJECT ANYWAY!!!???!!?!!?!!

Do you read what the site says?
Features page of the site said:
Multiple choice of characters, including Sonic, Tails and Knuckles (and a few other secret characters), each with different moves, weaknesses and advantages.

Am I the only one who reads everything there is and remembers it?

I doubt that the Features section is up to date. There were several ideas that weren't applied ever. That would be one of them.

I think that refers to Final 1.1, as in, the final SRB2 ever. There probably will be secret characters in 1.1.

...but I feel I'm kidding myself.

Sonic Heroes HAD no variety in the characters, they all did the same thing in each 4 groups.

Oh, secret characters might not be bad at all, aslong as you put a TRUE classic Sonic character (Amy?) in.

Shadow Hog said:
phazon sonic said:
I'll be happy as long as Knuckles is all finished by 1.1 I'll be happy :mrgreen:
Fixed. The others ARE finished, as you may have noticed.

You can't count Super Sonic as finished since Super Sonic doesn't even have a spinning animation.

Secret Characters are good because you get tired of playing with Sonic only in games like SA2B. You want to play as someone else, so you play with Amy or MS in 2P mode (or use an Action Replay to always play with them in Stage Select). And also, it's best if secret characters have different special abilitys, so that they'll be unique.

JJames19119 said:
You can't count Super Sonic as finished since Super Sonic doesn't even have a spinning animation.
That leaning forward animation IS his spinning animation. He doesn't need to be outright spinning, now does he?

The leaning forward animation isn't his spinning animation. It's just how fast Super Sonic is going. Have you tried charging a spindash? Super Sonic doesn't budge. And if you spin going at a slow speed, Super Sonic won't be leaning forward. He has no spinning animation, that's why it does that.

Sonic needs working on, His shoes need it, have you seen his shoes when your plain blue sonic the bottom of his shoes are red and when you turn super the bottom of his shoes are grey , So how does he change his shoes in such a short time. I reckon the the transformation needs more working on, since it looks like it was taken straight out of Sonic 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back