"You need to unlock this level first!" (1.09.4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

123 Runite

Wait for it... *BANG*
Note: This is for 1.09.4.

I was making a level and gave it to my friends to test it. However, they always got the message (subject header) and can't play through it.

My level replaces MAP01, and sector tags go all the way up to 426. I'm thinking, is my level is unplayable because of the sector tags? Or, is there a particular tag number, or range, that I should avoid?

When I give them my gamedata.dat file then they are able to play it. When I make my own gamedata file for the level (via MAINCFG) then they aren't able to play through it.

How can I fix this problem so that I don't have to give them my gamedata file?

Oh, forgot to mention, in MAINCFG I didn't put in anything in regards to unlockables. This level is just a single level, not in a pack or anything.

Well, then why are you trying to incorporate a gamedata? What's wrong with being able to use level select and all that?

I made my own gamedata as an experiment to see if the level would run on my friends' computers. I've done that after I tried giving them the wadfile to be played. However they got the error every time they tried to play the level.

This is MAP01, and they don't have level select unlocked. Why aren't they able to even see the level just like any other single level like Metal Flower Zone? Anyone can load Metal Flower Zone and play it through as normal, just by doing Single Player mode. But, I don't understand why my level doesn't load on every computer as it should load.

In short, there is no way you can play the level via SRB2 if you don't have the gamedata I have. Does it have to do with sector tags or something I've done while making the map? What possible events could've led to this problem?

Well, then try importing Metal Flower's gamedata part of the MAINCFG and see if it works THEN. I honestly don't think it would infringe on Some Guy's work, so you might as well try it.

"Any other level like Metal Flower Zone"

By saying that I meant, any other level that uses gamedata.dat. In the first place, Metal Flower doesn't have its own gamedata. Again, that is just a single level, and it's not part of a pack. And this seems it's going nowhere. I'm asking why does the error happen. I just made a normal level with lots of sector tags and effects. I'm also trying to make it easier for those whom I'm offering the level to. Giving them another gamedata is just too much of a hassle. Do you want to study the level a bit and see what's causing this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back