• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

General project screenshot/video thread

Yeah, I didn't noticed it. I've already fixed it though. By now I have these options for the ability:
  • Hold-Fly Ability
  • Big jump + Slow fall
  • Float

Tell me what is the best idea. And it would be nice to hear some of your suggestions for Eggman's wad name.

Egghead.wad?
Or maybe Robotnik.wad?
Robotnikman.wad?

I think that the hold-fly ability is the best choise. For the wad name Duon's one (EggJet.wad) looks fine.

About my map:
2dihgqu.png

more progress on the team bases.

Gentlemen, you were saying?

j3GJJkd.png

Needless to say, I've been mucking around a bit.
I may or may not release this as a wad, it's a pain to get the sprites done, but at least I have the rotations of the standing sprite.

Gentlemen, you were saying?

j3GJJkd.png

Needless to say, I've been mucking around a bit.
I may or may not release this as a wad, it's a pain to get the sprites done, but at least I have the rotations of the standing sprite.

A lot needs to be worked on just on this sprite. For one, this doesn't fully resembles the clock from Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 2. Looking at him right now, his face is unreadable, and his stance looks too stiff. Not to mention he looks really shadeless and dull looking, you need to make him looking more lively.

By the way, this is just my opinion, but I don't think the clock would make an interesting SRB2 character, and you might feel it's a waste of time to work on him. Get it? Waste of time, because the video he came from shows how creepy it is to lose the time you had in your hands and eventually everyone runs out of time-I'll just stop here.

A lot needs to be worked on just on this sprite. For one, this doesn't fully resembles the clock from Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 2. Looking at him right now, his face is unreadable, and his stance looks too stiff. Not to mention he looks really shadeless and dull looking, you need to make him looking more lively.

By the way, this is just my opinion, but I don't think the clock would make an interesting SRB2 character, and you might feel it's a waste of time to work on him. Get it? Waste of time, because the video he came from shows how creepy it is to lose the time you had in your hands and eventually everyone runs out of time-I'll just stop here.

It's a bit of a WIP in it's current state.
He does have an expression, it's just so small on the sprite you can't really see it. It looks better actual size.

Is there anything I need to improve? I tried to make it look like Tony the best I could.

And I was also going for the 'dull and creepy' look, because the way he moves, walks, and looks in the video is very...surreal. I don't know how to explain it, so it only made sense to me that I would give him staring eyes and a stiff stance.

He's actually a fun character to be working on. I love working on his sprites and wad, and I get to watch the video over and over for reference (only halfway through, because if I watched until the end repeatedly my brain would be dead.)

Video preview of Space Chase! Keep in mind that everything here is subject to change, particularly enemy placement patterns and boss attacks (which are still a work in progress), and I don't have a sprite for the player's ship yet, so enjoy watching Sonic's Likkle Craft for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JImRJu3T8E

By the way, the different characters have different abilities! Sonic's ship moves faster, Tails' regenerates health (but very slowly, so it's not a replacement for avoiding missiles!), and Knuckles has the rapid-fire you see in the video.

Looks pretty functional! How do you determine who gets what ability? Is it based on thok/flight/glide/doublejump etc.?

Video preview of Space Chase! Keep in mind that everything here is subject to change, particularly enemy placement patterns and boss attacks (which are still a work in progress), and I don't have a sprite for the player's ship yet, so enjoy watching Sonic's Likkle Craft for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JImRJu3T8E

By the way, the different characters have different abilities! Sonic's ship moves faster, Tails' regenerates health (but very slowly, so it's not a replacement for avoiding missiles!), and Knuckles has the rapid-fire you see in the video.

Awesome, but it looks like Sonic is just rapped by everything, for instance, Eggman spams projectiles X)
Also the Jetty-Syn shooter looks overpowered, it fires large range missiles and move too fast.

Looks pretty functional! How do you determine who gets what ability? Is it based on thok/flight/glide/doublejump etc.?
Right now I'm taking the lazy way out and checking the skin name. (custom characters are unsupported kthxbye) Before I release it I'll probably change it to be based on character ability.

Awesome, but it looks like Sonic is just rapped by everything, for instance, Eggman spams projectiles X)
Also the Jetty-Syn shooter looks overpowered, it fires large range missiles and move too fast.
The Jetty-Syn Gunner is actually pretty easy to take down since it's constantly moving directly in front of you (and straight into your bullets), so it balances out. The Bomber is the worse one to deal with, because it's moving above you and you have to shake it out in front of you to destroy it. Eggman's attacks are supposed to be pretty much bullet hell because the rest of the level's super easy to do with three lives and I want something to challenge the player, though I might tone down the spam a bit. (I also still need to make a few more attacks, and some of those will probably be lighter to give the player a break.)

Last edited:
srb20003.png

Finally, I can sleep.

Don't blame me, blame SRB2 for lacking full-range orange. What the hell

Beautiful. This needs to be vanilla Tails in the next update. Now we just need a Sonic re-do to complete the trio, unless somebody has already done that, and in that case, link please.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

30uajyt.png

Yes, I'm still working on him (slowly). Wanna know what you all think of this for a change.

Looks really great. I've been going on about how Sonic and Tails are due for remakes, not just Knuckles. I really can't wait to see what other frames you've got for this.

So here are some options for my Eggman WAD's Name:
  1. Robotnik
  2. Eggpack
  3. EggJet (My Favourite)
  4. Rocketnick
  5. TheFlyingEgg (Hilariously funny)
  6. Egghead

Which is the best?
By the way some updates:
srb20045.png

srb20048.png

srb20049.png

Eggman%20Jetpack.gif

I added pics for those who cant see the GIF.
For the first time, we get to see Eggman's BACK! Also, we get to see him flying with a jetpack and his walking animations. Wow so many new things about Eggy here. I decided his ability should be HoldFly, as you can see on the GIF. Also, Eggman is taller and Knuckles (Chuckles >:3) HIMSELF!
Should Eggman's colors change his red shirt and his moustache or just his shirt?

Last edited:
So here are some options for my Eggman WAD's Name:
  1. Robotnik
  2. Eggpack
  3. EggJet (My Favourite)
  4. Rocketnick
  5. TheFlyingEgg (Hilariously funny)
  6. Egghead

Which is the best?

By the way: Some updates:

Eggman%20Jetpack.gif

For the first time, we get to see Eggman's BACK! Also, we get to see him flying with a jetpack and his walking animations. Wow so many new things about Eggy here. I decided his ability should be HoldFly, as you can see on the GIF. Also, Eggman is taller and Knuckles (Chuckles >:3) HIMSELF!
Should Eggman's colors change his red shirt and his moustache or just his shirt?

I call EggPack!

...I can't really see the GIF, so I can't really tell you what to do on the matter of colors and stuff.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back