IP address question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonic260

The Elementor
My friend and I tried making servers on the MS so we could play. Obviosly it didn't work so I tried using the IP address and its taking a long time. Is this normal? Another question is that when I use listserv, there are some servers that show up there and not the MS. What's going on?

Hello Sonic 260.

Here is one solution. The necessary port, perhaps, hasn't been forwarded. Please open port 5029, and once it's done, your friend can join your server, vice versa if your friend opened the port.

Help on doing this can be found here: http://www.portforward.com/english/...onic_Robo_Blast_2/Sonic_Robo_Blast_2index.htm

And, to conclude, you should already have the knowledge of the Master Server being fixed. Private network games can still be created. Just give your friends the message and times, as well as your IP, and you're up in a game! Until the Master Server returns to normal, ignore everything about it and host private games.

I have the same problem too. But that site messed up my internet too many times. Unless someone teaches me to do it right then I could host again also.

SilverESP said:
I have the same problem too. But that site messed up my internet too many times. Unless someone teaches me to do it right then I could host again also.

QFT, Seriously, how can anyone find thier router under the millions listed?

I don't know... Maybe by looking on the text on the router which is so obviously placed there? Nah. It can't be!

Ice said:
Wow 123 Runite, you sound so damn official when on the mb!
Yeah i was thinking the same thing, he's really formal and.... i dont know, he's cool but he doesnt need to be so organized and so punctually correct but i guess its a good thing though.

Orangelink said:
I don't know... Maybe by looking on the text on the router which is so obviously placed there? Nah. It can't be!

Done it before. Just can't forward it. I can get the program, but I'd have to buy it....

Ash said:
192.168.1.1 in web browser

You shouldn't have to purchase any programs.

The auto port thigermawatchacallit.

I already have it but it says I have to buy it to save changes.

I prefer searching for a full version than messing up my router again.

sonic260 said:
Another question is that when I use listserv, there are some servers that show up there and not the MS. What's going on?

Listserv shows all servers registered on the MS, regardless of version or joinability, the search menu only shows joinable servers that are the same version as your client.

I wouldn't bother with that auto port program, chances are you'll still have to fiddle with your router anyway, since it would require access to your router and have the knowledge of how to open ports on the router...

SilverESP said:
Ash said:
192.168.1.1 in web browser

You shouldn't have to purchase any programs.

The auto port thigermawatchacallit.

I already have it but it says I have to buy it to save changes.

I prefer searching for a full version than messing up my router again.
You know that you can use bittorrent to download things like that in full version, its really not hard to do.

Just google bittorrent, download and install it, then google the torrent you want.

Example: Auto port thigermawatchacallit full torrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back