Bohemian Raspberry Match/Tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellybones

Lawful Neutral
First, it's not supposed to look like a raspberry.
Anyway, this is match and tag level I loosely based on a level from an old game called Cel Damage. It takes place in a haunted cliffside with some bridges and castles, and a tiny forest. It has custom music, too.

srb20000-12.png

^ The entire level, although you can't see a few things.

And now, a download link.
http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/961mt_brberry.wad
And now, a sendspace mirror.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/u8jvhe

EDIT: Thanks to nathan speed for fixing some of the things, adding some of the things, And to Django Urikashima for converting the music file for me.

I have edited the post with a new link, fixing the death match starts so that you no longer spawn in the bottomless pit. XD

Also, I edited the post giving credit to the people who helped with this.

It looks interesting enough. I'll try it when I get home.

I'm not too sure about that pit in the middle of the two areas though.

Simsmagic said:
It looks interesting enough. I'll try it when I get home.

I'm not too sure about that pit in the middle of the two areas though.

I've played a few netganes with it, and it's rather fun. The pit dosen't get in the way much, but you can easaly snipesomeone to near to the edge with a bomb-auto ring and watch 'em go flying off to their doom. And even then, it's nothing frusterating. It's just rather fun to play.

Jellybones69 said:
Luisete said:
Well, if you can upload to Sendspace or another, thing, best of best.

Ok, I added a sendspace mirror.

Thank you so much. Now I can say: This is one of the few best match maps (and tag). That sky floating style looks so good. And don't delete the pit.

Bohemian Raspberry Zone - 7/10
I liked this level! I think it was more suited toward Sonic and Knuckles. In netgames, I noticed Tails players didn't really get much of an advantage. (That's a first.) The design was good, and I liked the little scenic touches, like the fireplace-looking thing. The only drawback to this level was the area around the top where you could run around; it was kind of bizarre.

I closed the Releases - Levels tab in Firefox, but one millisecond before that, I noticed the name. I just went "what? No WAI". *Right-click, re-open closed tab*
And yes, I thought so. I recently bought Cel Damage (around 2 weeks) for the Gamecube. Even though it's not one would expect, it's good enough for some good times.
I'll try this particular level (because I never dedicated to testing the other levels, mainly because I need to move them to the folder and open them and... It just seems boring >_>) and edit the post for the qualification.

EDIT: It's OK, but it's got nothing to do with the CD level. Well, you did say you only based the name and song of it...
Now, the downsides: some deaths are a bit to cheap. Like when you can't see the cliff, and it makes a big C turn, you go forward, knowing you're near the edge, and it just turns. *fall*. Another thing is that it should have more places to hide, but on a minimal number. 7/10

Bohemian Raspberry: 7,5/10

Not bad, it's bigger, and it looks great for a netgame, athough, there's no hidding places in it.

It's a good match map, but if you putted hidding places, it would be better, but this has potential.

Brown the dog said:
Bohemian Raspberry: 6/10

Not bad, it's bigger, and it looks great for a netgame, athough, I've feeled like that there wasn't much rings in the stage. There's also no hidding places in it.

It's a good match map, but if you had putted more rings (which means by ring boxes also) and hidding places, it would be better, but this has potential.

Also, why did you put an armaggedon shield in an easy place to catch it? Hide that box where people wouldn't cramp in it (unless it's a "random" box).

There's enough for rings for a netgame. And that's a random box.

There seems to be some chains floating in the sky, high above the castle.

Also, one of the merlons on said castle (look in the corner facing the gargoyle fountain) has a screwed up sector or something, the sides of it are reversed (so you can see inside), and the top is to one side so you can jump inside it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back