Sonic At War (BETA/DEMO2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks,

An idea, you could turn this into a wad where you have to kill enemies in levels like an invasion.

THIS WAS A GREAT WAD i LIKE IT ALOT GOOD JOB!

light dasher said:
I don't want just shadow, Just because he's got a game with guns in, dosent make it so shadow is the only one with a gun, and this is my mod, if i want sonic tails and knuckles to have a gun, then they will

Urm... that wasn't a genuine suggestion, it was a reference to another game that was made with that mentality.

Seriously though, this could be quite good if you could find a way to make a 2d match map play well without crippling the characters. And whether or not you have the guns, the corpses still don't really fit, they look out of place in that mod, even with all other Sonic-y stuff ignored I'd design some half/fully destroyed robots or something for junk instead. The main menu area also is not only unfitting, but also is poorly designed...

And you could probably make a script to automatically turn each character into its gun version.

fgbnaegui53gj546u8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

2D won't simply work in SRB2. You'd need the camera to zoom out to se what's happening, you'd need to code something to aim, maybe a reticle, dubnno.

And why do people torture themselves with making SRB2 with guns?
Isn't it way much easier to mod DOOM instead? It's SRB2 - sonic elements + guns. You could even use some modified and mora updated Doom engines to do some funky stuff.

Oh great, just what I always wanted! Sonic with guns. That totally doesn't contradict the very concept of the franchise, nope! Especially seeing how Shadow came out and was universally praised for sticking to the series' roots!

light dasher said:
And SRB2 Sticks to the series root's how?
Christ, you did not say that. Tell me you didn't.
Are you seriously bat crazy clown packing goblin nuts? (Look, a nut.)
I cannot comprehend how you don't see SRB2 as a 3D rendition of the classics.
Let me get this point straight. SRB2 is not perfect, but it's as close to Sonic's roots like NSMB was to the original SMB.
In this game (THE MAIN GAME, Not mods or secret levels) you just do whatever sonic did back in the old days
Run like hell, bop enemies, collect emiraldz, and go super sonic in those dastardly main levels. Something we haven't seen since S3K.
There is no light dash (Again, main game here, not adventure example) NO GUNS, no crappy emo characters. No incredibly complex storylines. Nothing like that kerfurfle. It's sonic, tails and knux (Maybe not) against Robotnik. You have your running, your bopping, your rings, your Super sawnik. AND YOU HAVE YOUR GAMEPLAY.

God dammit, I do hate people these days.

But this is a match addon, not a main game, and there's no emo's in my mod, unless your calling sonic/tails or knuckles emo's, god, it's just a little mod, you don't have to go all metal, what about the jak sonic mod that sonic freak is/was working on? No wait, let's just leave it at that, i don't want this topic locked or going into a flame war

Sorry, when you said "SRB2 sticks to the series roots' how?" I just felt like ripping people's guts. Rip and tear. Etc.
Sorry about that. I just think that this mod isn't that good for SRB2 because you have a lot of beefed up DOOM engines (Zdoom, dunno) and that'd be easier to make there, since it has all the gun stuff already by default.
I think it'd be more efficient to make it from doom, because instead of adding sonic and do little modifications, you are trying to do a major conversion of SRB2 but with guns. I think doing it from Doom engines would be less punishing. Read: easier, more efficient.
As for that Jak & Daxter thing, I didn't like it much, either. I just don't think the concept could work when you have Zdoom and stuff like that at hand.

Been there, done that, but if i did do this for Doom, were would i realese it? anyway, im no good with adding extra graphics for Doom, and SRB2 is alot easyer as well

light dasher said:
Been there, done that, but if i did do this for Doom, were would i realese it?
/idgames

light dasher said:
anyway, im no good with adding extra graphics for Doom, and SRB2 is alot easyer as well
The format's the exact same! Hell, I'd argue that DOOM is EASIER to modify than SRB2 as there is a lot less sprite-drawing going on, for the most part - although I will concede that you would actually have to draw multiple sprites for the enemies dying, which isn't the case in SRB2.

I'm not going to say that this mod should have been made for DOOM per se - I'm just here to straighten out any misconceptions that you seem to have. :)

This doesn't even work... When I start, the intro is Sonic shooting someone's brain out, alright, but when I go to character select and choose a character, the game starts, and it's just a normal character. No new stance, no weapon, and the ammo packs are just 10-ring monitors.

sasuketo uzuchihamaki said:
This doesn't even work... When I start, the intro is Sonic shooting someone's brain out, alright, but when I go to character select and choose a character, the game starts, and it's just a normal character. No new stance, no weapon, and the ammo packs are just 10-ring monitors.

Put all files in your srb2, and use the EXE. It's easier, and everything works then. For some reason, the characters are only available in multiplayer mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back