Stuff to put in 1.09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mabey we could add an in-game editor! That would help.

Also, with the spectator option, what would you do? Would you sit in a stadium-like-seat, stay in one place on the field, or just be able to walk around and watch? I like the stadium and walk-around ideas.

In-Game Editor? The closest we'd get to that is an improved OBJECTPLACE, for all I know

As for the spectator option, I was thinking more just walking around and watching

As for OBJECTPLACE, mabey you could be able to save your "customized" level in a file from a menu or something. Hey, it's possible! You could even save to an INI file, if you had to! :roll:

Digiku said:
In-Game Editor? The closest we'd get to that is an improved OBJECTPLACE, for all I know

As for the spectator option, I was thinking more just walking around and watching

If you've noticed, there is no 3D game that lets you build an actual level inside of it. Even Duke3D's Build requires you to make sectors and things in the blueprint mode. However, Duke *does* let you change things like floor/ceiling heights in 3d, and I may consider adding that kind of functionality if it strikes enough of my fancy.

As for spectator, think NOCLIP, and holding down the jump button makes you fly infinitely.

In terms of the scoring, I've actually thought about doing a system like that, a441, but I dismissed it because it would probably be too frustrating to newer players as their score drops to -400. It is, however, more balanced, as you have to be both good at attack and defense to get a good score.

Also, it would be nice if there was a way to do scorelimit as well as timelimit.

For Spectator mode, I was thinking just listening to the connection and doing F12. Sure, it's got less of the "cool" factor, but normally, I just watch from someone's point of view in spectator mode anyhow. Also, it makes it a ton easier to program, I'll bet =P

Negative scores would be an option. SCORINGTYPE 1 or something. The only problem is that it might end up rewarding people who run and hide for the whole game.

It may reward cowardice, but you can't win with a score of 0. I've played enough Smash Brothers to know that having positive score for kills and negative score for deaths works great.

What I've noticed it does is it makes players play smart, and not risk it as much. Like how people play around bottomless pits now =P

Take it from me, cowardice can't win a game, someone is sure to seek you out. But I do take risks, I always play around pits in Super Smash Bros. It makes others stay away when I trick them, tho.

Which reminds me, how about a map. It comes only in multiplayer and you can switch it on and off with the console, say, MAP 1-on, Map 2-with players on it, and MAP 3-with all items. It could be like the Mario Kart map in the corner.

For example-the outer hall in Midnight Abyss

---------------------
/
_
. . . .

---------------------

How about themed rings, like ice-covered one for winter levels and reddish-tinted ones for lava levels, you'd only have to change some sprites and add them to the items list.

That reminds me... is reflection mapping possible in SRB2/Leagcy?
I know that would only make things bigger as well, and I already know how to do a fake version of it, but...erm... I mean, REAL reflection mapping!

I still say the game needs some form of skidding; it's especially jarring to be playing 2D mode and have Sonic suddenly just... stop, instead of skidding.

Legacy used to have 'portals', which were kind of like looking through quake 3's teleports.

Skidding should be easy to do, I'll just have a bit of drawing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Back