I had a dream last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow fawfulfan, you just mentioned what I suffer from regularly. Really, this has happened to me SO MANY TIMES.
In fact, the MMORPG-like dream I described a few posts ago applies to this too.

Last night I dreamed a robber entered my house, and somehow I grabbed my cousin´s revolver and right before I shot, I woke up. Damn...

I wish dreams could be re-imagined.

Once, I woke up in the middle of a dream, went back to sleep, and the dream picked up right where it left off. Isn't that strange? Of course, it's entirely possible that I never woke up at all, and simply dreamed that I had, but even if this was the case, it's still unusual for a dream to be interrupted and continue later as though it had never stopped.

Last edited:
Once, I woke up in the middle of a dream, went back to sleep, and the dream picked up right where it left off. Isn't that strange? Of course, it's entirely possible that I never woke up at all, and simply dreamed that I had, but even if this was the case, it's still unusual for a dream to be interrupted and continue later as though it had never stopped.

Dream moods encyclopedia said:
To dream that you are dreaming, signifies your emotional state. You are excessively worried and fearful about a situation or circumstance that you are going through.

Sound about right Fawful?

Sometimes I´m betwen dreaming and awake, I have the ability to open my eyes and move my hands, but I still see what´s going on in my dream, and I actually open my eyes for a second and close them again and keep sleeping, weird, huh.

Didn't we have a dreamtelling thread once before? Either way, there's one on Retro, so here's a crosspost of my dream in the thread. I don't usually dream, but they are always vivid when I do. I wrote this down immediately upon waking up to avoid forgetting it, because it was just that awesome.

It actually was dreamed over the course of 3 nights, and I only noticed they formed a semi-functional storyline after reading over them. Has anyone else ever had a 3rd-person perspective in their dreams?

-------------

I was asleep in English class. Suddenly, an alarm went off and I was knocked back to semi-consciousness and out of my seat to the floor. Drearily, I looked around wondering what in the name of High Arceus was going on. The alarm was similar to the fire siren, but about an octave and a half higher. By now, I was the only one left in the room, so nobody was going to tell me what was occurring.

I made my way, still half-asleep, to the main entrance of the school. The enormous crowd of panicking students had clogged the door, and human nature was preventing any of them from thinking about going to the back door in the gym. Not being a member of the psycho-mob, I did just that.

As I trudged around the building, a blinding white flash erupted from the center of the school, and the entire back half was replaced with a cleanly cut crater. Now THIS got my dream-self awake. Being me, I screamed out "What the ****?! Did someone fire a F.L.E.I.J.A. at the school?!" Realizing what that blast could have done to my friends, I ran full-throttle to the sidewalk 10 feet from the front of the school. (Yeah... my school's bomb threat evacuation-plan is only for the HARDCORE. No, seriously, that is the IRL escape plan!) To my shock, even though the doorway they were in was standing unscratched, they were all gone. In addition, to my awe, they were all replaced with various injured anthropomorphs.

I saw one that vaguely resembled my cousin Kathey*, and asked if she was okay. To my surprise, her voice was Kathey's without a doubt. Then I noticed her clothing: a red beret and shirt with a paisley extra-shorts. That is the only outfit Kathey ever wears. However, it wasn't that alone that surprised me the most, that honor belongs to her fur color and spine arrangement: solid gray fur and Shadow-styled spines. This shocked me because that description fits my fancharacter, Shandra, perfectly.

Then I looked around more closely, and they were all either fancharacters I have seen around the Internet or severely similar to various characters exclusive to the Archie comics. My friend Kelsi's (who was even turned into a squirrelmunk) iPhone even turned into Nicole!

It was at this point Dream-me began to freak out. Knowing full well from experience that the military would not be far behind whatever did this, I began loading as many of my friends into two buses as I could. Luckily, Kathey was the only one who was still conscious, so nobody minded being stacked six-high in each seat.

We drove them to a secret laboratory that inexplicably existed under my house. Once everyone was safe from government experimentation, Kathey and I began to treat everyone's injuries, which were all sprains and cuts. After everyone looked like an anthro-mummy, Kathey and I moved all of the people down yet another level underground to a hotel-like area.

As the people came back to consciousness, it became apparent that however they all got knocked unconscious, it caused total memory loss in all of the victims except Kathey, because they weren't freaking out over suddenly being 40% animal. Kathey was cool with it for two reasons: 1) She owns every piece of creative work involving Sonic the Hedgehog-style anthros, including but not limited to Sonic paraphernalia; 2) She always wanted to be a furry anyway. As the furries came into the lobby, Kathey and I gave them full mental examinations to make sure they only had severe amnesia and concussions. I looked over the dudes, and Kathey checked the girls.

After everyone was checked, it was discovered that only nine people still had any memory of their previous lives beyond their names. A large explosion was heard overhead, and so I, being the only one (apparently) who knew how to operate and/or repair the lab, went to check what happened. Nothing was damaged; there were no differences in the lab from when Kathey and I treated everyone's injuries, and another explosion resounded from even higher.

Rather than investigate this new explosion alone, since it was not possible that this time it was a mechanical problem, I gathered several holo-projector watches from my workspace and passed them out to the people who remembered their past. These watches made each of them look like their old selves, but the illusion was only vision-deep. Any claws or spikes any of them had in their new forms would still be viable options as combat tools. On the downside, it would also allow any humans who brushed against them at a party or some similar situation would feel their fur and cause a panicked riot.

As the eleven of us sprinted through the transporter network, I explained to everyone what, as far as I knew, had happened. Once we reached the surface, I went out first, since I am likely the only person in town without a record. Instead of the police, who I expected, I was greeted with 2 inches of air and the business end of a tank. I tackled everyone inside the house and dumped us all into the black room.

The tank annihilated the entire building but the black room survived, being made of the same material as the black box in airplanes. Considering the size of the tank and the power the round would need to level my house without a trace, I determined that the tank would not be ready to fire again for another 23 minutes. Thus, we pulled ourselves together and decided that then was the time to strike. I pulled my emergency replica of Hyourinmaru down from the wall, opened the door, and we charged. The militants were rocked slightly when they saw I was the only armed assailer, and we managed to gain control of their tank immediately after they finished reloading.

After around 50 non-fatal defeats of military personnel, Kathey and I personally met with the general who was after us, General Storrs, for an unarmed discussion. Kathey agreed to let me do all the talking, since I could hold secrets far better than she could. Because I do not trust the government, however, I was wearing a Kevlar vest and Kathey donned switchblade-equipped boots. My first question was but one word, “Why?” The general responded, sounding very much like your stereotypical jarhead commander, “Because whatever happened there, it was obviously the work of terrorists. We followed your tire trail back to this location. So now I'll ask you: what happened back at that school, and why did you jack two buses and bring them back here?”

I explained what I could without endangering my friends: that a blast vaporized the school and everyone had fled in a panic. When the general reiterated his question about bringing the buses to Kathey's house, I stated only that Kathey's place was closer. Upon hearing this, General Storrs replied, “Okay, let's say I believe you, where are the students now?” To which I shrugged and retorted, “I guess they vanished along with ninety-six percent of the building.”

Storrs noted my number, and suddenly became a great deal more threatening in tone. “Ninety-six, huh? I find it is quite odd that you know the exact amount of the building that is no longer on the Earth. How do you explain that number?” I nullified the question's potency by saying, “I had an assignment last week in Calculus to find the volume of the school, I found it to be nine hundred and fifty cubic feet, and the remainder after the blast is only thirty-four cubic feet.” The military could not prove otherwise. If they did, it would only prove that the government is always watching us, validating every conspiracy theorist in America as a person with a point.

Storrs was stunned; he could not believe that I, an eighteen-year-old high school student, had done in my head in fifteen seconds what he would need a calculator and two minutes to work out. By this time he was willing to try anything, so he made up the most out-of-whack story he could think of, and used it to attempt to trip me up. “Okay then, listen here, maggot, I think I have figured out just what went down here. You seem to be very intelligent, and that makes me believe you were asleep in a class you were acing, let us say it was English. Bomb alarm goes off, a panicked student knocking your desk over awakens you. You trudge half-asleep to the exit, only to see the mob of people wedged in the door so tight nobody can get out. You maintain your senses because you are not part of the panic, find your cousin here, drag her away from the group, and exit through another door in the gymnasium. As you walk around to the front to slap some sense back into the people, the blast hits. Most of the school building is gone, and you run, now fully awake, to the front to help anybody you are able, only to find that your cousin here is the only one unhurt, because you got her out of the fear mob. You and your cousin load everyone you can find onto the buses and drive, unlicensed, to her home, where you treat as many wounds as you and she can. Do I have the right idea yet?”

Hiding my amazement at how close that actually was to the truth, I analyzed his version, and found that I could be considered a hero for this and in no possible way a criminal, as well as the fact that my friends would be safe as long as the story the government believed ended there. I lied and said he was correct, stopping the interview cold. General Storrs raised a triumphant fist and dismissed us.

On the way out, Kathey's holo-watch started to emit an extremely subtle whistling sound only the wearer or I could hear, due to the increased sensitivity the wearers all possessed due to their new animal traits. I could hear it despite that because of an auditory sensory enhancer I implanted in myself once I invented the watches**. As the designer, I knew that it meant the power cell was about to give out and told Kathey to go ahead as fast as she could. I also gave her a green box with a yellow button on it. Kathey asked what it was, and I told her it would rebuild her house, so long as she had a sample of the original structure, such as a plank or even a linoleum tile.

After Kathey left, I decided it was time to do a little snooping on the government. I activated a holo-watch I had kept for myself and vanished from the visible spectrum. Invisible, I waited for a one of the suits to open a door marked “Authorized Personnel Only” and entered before it closed. I found myself in a surveillance room, and noticed that I had missed a camera when I cloaked. I ejected the tape and started a rerecording from the frame before I entered view. The hall was still empty, so the military would never know.

Turning back to the other cameras, I found Kathey exiting the building, holo-watch still functional. Once the last camera lost sight of her, I left and searched out the nearest R&D lab. Once a whitecoat opened the door, I ducked in and found exactly what I expected. I had discovered that the government did indeed have jet pack technology, and I photographed the blueprints at a resolution of sixteen hundred megapixels, as later I would compare their design to my own.

Upon further investigation, I found that the government had also managed a variant of the holo-watch. Scrutinizing the blueprints revealed that my version was superior, as mine's battery life was around 3 months longer due to more efficient circuitry. The government's model was also far bulkier and more prone to malfunction. I fixed the design's circuits and moved on.

Having learned all I needed about the government's tech plans, I de-cloaked in the only blind spot on the facility's camera network, underneath camera 142c, and left casually. I got in the Ferrari with Kathey, and we drove back to the lab.

At this point there was one of those SpongeBob time-progression cards, complete with narrator dude voiced by MMX8's Zero reading:

>>Fifteen Years Later<<

It was apparent I had pulled an all-nighter the night before, as I was unconscious in the lab hoverchair. Kathey, still in the form of a hedgehog, threw the hot coffee she was bringing down into my face to awaken me. "What the--" I exclaimed in pain, "Whadjya do that for?!" To which Kathey replied "It's six AM, fool. Go get some rest, I watch your little DNA experiment.”

------------
And I haven't had another dream since that one.
*Kathey, BTW, is a non-existant person. She only appears in my dreams, and about 4 months before these dreams she first appeared and introduced herself to me in yet another 3rd-person dream.
**Another past dream.

Wow, that was the most random dream I've ever heard.

Then again, all dreams tend to be random as hell. I don't have dreams too often, but one time I dreamed about Sonic going through this ancient pyramid thing (Similar to that level in Sonic Adventure.) and coming across several traps. One of them I think was running away from a giant boulder. The dream was at least a few years ago, so I must've been playing Sonic Adventure at the time. The dream then ends ubruptly, and that's all I remember. It was also probably the longest dream I had, about 10 minutes long at most. I never was IN the dream, and I didn't see myself in a 3rd person perspective either. So I pretty much pictured some kind of movie in my head, has this happened to anyone?

offtopic: I wish I had that kind of dream Chaos Knux, it sounds awesome...

Ontopic: I've had a couple of dreams, but never seemed to remember them, all except but one which took place as 3 different "dreams"

1st dream: My class and I were at some odd place, I won't go into silly details, but one of my friends went insane and I killed them O.o

2nd: This dream took place in a doll factory, I can't remember the details to this one either, but considering it is a dollfactory, I think we all knew where it would be heading

3rd: I think this is the only one that was 3rd person, because I saw myself being eaten by a spider...

I believe I had this dream at the most, 2 years ago...

EDIT: I just remembered some of a dream too, it involved an army of the undead, The details, as usual, are scattered to death...

Last edited:
1. I remember when I was 4, I kept having nightmares of Mr. Potato head about he would threaten me or my family. I had those dreams for 1 or 2 years and I would be scared out of my life when I woke up. I still kinda hate that toy up to this day. :P
2. Years ago, I had a dream that a Metal Sonic doll of actual size was standing outside my door and it had timed explosives in it. At first, I thought it was him for real so I started cussing him out but that made it puff up and decrease the time limit. As soon as it exploded, I woke up.
Very weird dreams...

1. I remember when I was 4, I kept having nightmares of Mr. Potato head about he would threaten me or my family. I had those dreams for 1 or 2 years and I would be scared out of my life when I woke up. I still kinda hate that toy up to this day. :P
2. Years ago, I had a dream that a Metal Sonic doll of actual size was standing outside my door and it had timed explosives in it. At first, I thought it was him for real so I started cussing him out but that made it puff up and decrease the time limit. As soon as it exploded, I woke up.
Very weird dreams...

I'm pretty sure you're one of those people who is going to boycott Toy Story 3 when it comes out. I love Toy Story and everything, but I'm routing for ya, little buddy.

Also, why would you curse Metal Sonic out? He's one of the most bad ass characters in the sonic the hedgehog video games.

Want to know something interesting? I have difficulty having dreams. It seems that I cannot have dreams until I wake up in the middle of sleeping and fall asleep again. So if I do not fall back asleep I do not have dreams. Strange isn't it? And when I do have dreams I never record them in a book or Word. I would like to thank you guys for giving me that idea. I need to record my dreams more often because I can guaantee you one thing. My dreams are every bit as crazy as I am. In fact I do have a dream that has stuck out to me even months after I have dreamt it. It is told in first person perspective. It starts off that I am caressing this fine example of the femenine type and quite simply having bubbling feelings for her. It is winter (though natural earth winter is not seem to be known) and I apparently brought her to my abode. This.... situation... some bright light proposedly struck me as I was frozen in an icey casing. Some time after that I seem to have been freed or esccaped this prison and found a distressing sight immediately. The girl was frozen and was broken in half (if memory serves me correctly) as I picked her up and sang a soft ''Why do the good die young?'' I bellowed out in anger as I walked around the bend of the corner and faced what was apparently my foe who had killed the girl. It was somethhing alien and mystical.... an orb of mirror type that was a very reflective substance that could move as free as liquid yet be the crystal orb. Maybe it was the thing that had caused the winter. Maybe I might have wrongly accused it of being the one to cause my misfortune but my anger caused swallowing hostility to the spectacle. But as celar I saw it I blinked for one moment and it faded away in fron of me as on the road another of its kind (or possibly the thing itself) sped it's way down the road as I rushed into my home. Immediately someone came to me with an envelope that seemed to be glowing and in different colors as he said ''This letter is for you.'' Then the dream faded away.

Being me, I screamed out "What the ****?! Did someone fire a F.L.E.I.J.A. at the school?!"
I read up to this(had to google F.L.E.I.J.A.), skipped the rest and read this,

At this point there was one of those SpongeBob time-progression cards, complete with narrator dude voiced by MMX8's Zero reading:
._.

Anyways, once when I was 8 I had a dream that Aerial the Mermaid undressed in front of me, including taking off her fins and showing her legs.

'Course I was 8 so no real sexual meaning behind it.

I don't remember most of my dreams, and none are epic like Chaos Knux's.

Well...

When I was 2-5 I had 2 recurring dreams: One was that my parents walked away from me in a zoo that housed monsters (10-second dream that still managed to last all night) (stupid space-time distortion) and the other was that I went into a jungle that had a large dead gorilla leaning against a tree with sections of his skin missing to expose wires and machinery. (I guess this was the beginning of my obsession with technology...) Then it would fade and a cartoonish truck would come and eat another cartoonish truck that would then eat a cartoonish car and then me. The dream then ended and I woke up.

There was one where I piloted a LEGO Millennium Falcon in a race against someone over a Bliss.jpg-type field. This dream was another early one and happened two nights in a row.

There was one where I was a naked angel flying around the world...

I also had a dream where I was playing a Sonic game in a pyramid-temple-type level. It was, for some reason, an SRB2 mod with slopes that ended in a big city thing.

I made a game of one of my dreams... It was a psuedo-3D space shooter.

There was one with eternal winter.

There was one where I dreamed I was in school. Then I woke up because I had to go to school and got really confused.

There are probably a lot more that I'll post if I can remember them...

Isn't it strange how the dreams from early life are more vivid and remembered in more detail than recent ones?

Once I had a dream when I was little that I woke up, lifted up my pillow and saw a bowl of icecream. So when I realy did wake up I lifted up my pillow, but much to my dismay, there wasn't a bowl of icecream.

Chaos Knux has dreams in serial? Yes please.

Honestly, when I actually remember them, my dreams are pretty shoddy, I guess it comes from most of my mind being focused on different variations of code, with some of it then dedicated to social activity. Not great really, no imagination.

I'll take a lucid dream any day though, the moment you know it's a dream, the moment you can do whatever the hell you like (and manipulate it).

My dreams really suck.

Yesterday I dreamed that I cut a large circular chunk through the center of my chest cavity just because everyone else was doing it. >_>

Yesterday I dreamed that I cut a large circular chunk through the center of my chest cavity just because everyone else was doing it. >_>

Quite obviously your mind trying to tell you that you follow the crowd too much, and should try and start your own thing.

If anyone wants to guess - I play Twin Snakes too much (You'll see..)

Today,(or yesterday..) I had a dream I was sent on a mission to Alaska. I had to infiltrate the base and stop Metal Gear. I was equipped with a M9 shortly after I found it in a locker. I took the elevator to the top floor after I knocked out a couple guards. I quickly ran across to not get seen by a Helicopter. I grabbed a Socom and sneaked into a vent. I went through the vent to a room with Tanks. There was an elevator there so I took it. I ran into another room and took a ladder inside. I went into the vent and sneaked into the presidents cage. He gave me a card and then he had a heart attack. Shortly after, a girl named Meryl freed me and we worked together to kill the guards

tl;dr

Man,I had a awesome dream of me being in japan....Or is this reality?
O.o,But it was so good!,Lol'z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back