• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Mario World! (scr_MarioWorld.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

toaster

トースタちゃん
Kart Krew™️
A levelpack.
Most of these pictures are outdated, but what the hey.
Not completed yet, only one level, but nevertheless fun to play through.
The images. (Outdated)

The level.
Enjoy, please. If you do not, please tell why.
And no linking to the wiki!

Cool. This is a good example of a Mario level.

However, you might want to avoid using 2D more and to use 3D mode, if you expand the width. I'll give you points for the pipes and brick blocks. They were clever.

Thanks. :) This is meant to be 2d, however. I know it sucks, but I just like it for it's innovativity. :)
EDIT: Oh, OpenGL only. Software will crash on the last step of the blocks at the end.

Besides, this map + Shufflarb2 + software = fail

This map is pretty good though. It's actually not a bad fusion between Mario and Sonic, either, and I'm sure that wasn't even your intention, but it works pretty well.

Um...
It was meant to be Mario only.
How is it fail in Shufflarb2? I noticed nothing different when I played.

I think he means lighting or something. And don't make OGL only things. GL sucks for most people.

Chaos said:
And don't make OGL only things. GL sucks for most people.
Hate to break it to you, but for most people, openGL wins. Though, it is usually good advice not to do that for the people it does suck with.
EDIT: As did I.

The only real OpenGL-only thing that's commonly sought to be used in maps is coronas (such as torches and other light sources), and you can easily balance that out with light blocks which work in both software and OGL if I'm not mistaken.

Still, the benefits of OpenGL may be considered to be better benefits to software, so it's best to make everything software compatible, because not everyone can run OGL.

It's something both me, a novice mapper, and Hyperknux, a king mapper, spent ages working on but it would not fix the sigsev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back