Adding wav.s to my wad problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyhedgehog

haha what
whenever I try to load my bill cosby wave format sound clip, it says :
Unknown compression method : $55

I'm using XWE, should I use something else? How do I fix this?

Stop trolling, please. It's a legitimate question he has, don't be a useless jackass. We have enough of those in society as it is.

I can assure you, trolling wasn't (Rarely is) my intent; with proper grammar and half-decent spelling, the above post is essentially quite exactly what AJ would've posted had he gotten here before I did. We all know he hates XWE and recommends DeeP (Specifically for inserting WAVs), so I saved him the trouble :E

However, AJ generally makes his sarcastic comments late enough in the discussion that the person already has a legitimate answer. I agree, the fact that he took you seriously is pretty hilarious, but honestly, we don't need to act like that on the forums.

You need a valid DooM 2 IWAD to use DeeP. Alternatively, you can always crack srb2.srb open in a hex editor, rename 'PWAD' to 'IWAD' (At the top of the file), rename the filename to 'doom2.wad' and then direct DeeP to that.

I just don't understand deepsea. Maybe wadding isn't my forte. I was original going to just take toad and draw a cosby head on him for the eight angles, then change taunts and dying waves. I have the sound files ready, so if anyone thinks they'll have better luck with them, lemmie know and I'll host 'em up.

Is DeePsea free? I think I see something about a trail when "installing," yet the site never said anything about having to pay, plus I think it said Deepsea was free...

Also, could you give a link to the site? i can "find it," but I just want to make sure I'm at the right site.

I'll say it again. You don't. You just leave it as-is and open the WAD in SRB2. If you're getting any other error, you've probably done something rather dumb. When does that error come up anyways?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back