Have a question? Get the answers here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
People host servers whenever they feel like it, its not like a program that can be used to make netgames, i'm on every weekend.

ZTaimat said:
...This is going from a 'help topic' to a 'make fun of noobs' topic :P

If you want to help out people with simple questions, don't wait for people to ask them, think them out yourself and type it in note pad. Then when everything in your brain has leaked out into the note pad, save it, copy it's contents and paste on the forum. (Treat the notepad file as you would a forum post ([b ][/b ], ect.)

Or TextEdit, for the intellegent people here...

*shot*

(And with good reason) :P

Re: Why are netgames that calm all the time?

Super mystic sonic said:
There is never a server up. And hosting myself can take a hour before somebody comes. And if i'm unlucky its a noob who doesn't understand what happenss when he jumps a bit higher. (I used gravity 0.3) And he leaves!

Really,the only way for a quick netgame is to use IRC and ask around. I'm just never around in IRC,because I hate the program.

There should be more servers up at the time.

There aren't exactly a great many people, and most who feel like netgames usually join one of the big stable servers when they pop up (Me, FF, or, rarely, Mystic). You should be going on IRC, because then you have a better chance of getting people to join games.

And sometimes, when someone joins, they tend to join your servers more often, i remember someone called graham, aka, shadails, he joined once, and now almost every time i host, OMFG, he is the first person to join.

And there is shadicX, he joins often too, hes mainly on IRC though.

Yeah, thanks to mikey the hedgehog and DSL IP changes, every one on tiscali broadband UK can't host, and that includes me. :(

demo stands for demonstration. If you don't konw what that means, you should look it up in a dictionary.

*goes to publicize question*

A demo is a recording of gameplay, seen at E3 and the like. Demos are occasionally playable, but it's the same concept. In SRB2, you can record demos to show someone how to do something that's too complicated to explain.

yeah how do ya record a demo, but most people might not do it for quisten answers maybe they might do it for bragging

It controls your character's running speed. As of 1.09.2, you have to unlock it, along with GRAVITY.

SPEED does not control your character's running speed. It controls the vertical movement speed in objectplace. Also, it doesn't have to be unlocked.
PLAYERSPEED is what controls your character's running speed.

Make a .txt file that says "srb2win.exe -opengl", then save it as OpenGL.bat (with quotation marks around it if saving via Notepad to prevent it from being "OpenGL.bat.txt"; otherwise, just right-click and rename). Double-click. Play.

Alternatively, make a shortcut by right clicking the program and selecting "Create Shortcut", then modify it to have "-opengl" after it. I forget which area to tack it on to, but if it has the full program filepath, that's a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back