• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

character creation variables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkon

i was thinking to myself a while ago, and realised that a character ive been creating (you'll have to wait and see :-p) is rather restricted

i was hoping to give it a very short version of sonics air attack along with knuckles's ability to climb walls so i came to this conclusion

rather than characters simply having *ability*

maybe they should have

*air ability* what they do when you tap the button in the air
*air variable* ammout of time the technique goes on for (in tails's case) but in sonics case it would be a rough estimate on how fast it goes, knuckles it would be a dud variable, so would be set to 0

*ground ability* 0 is none 1 is spin attack
unless of course thats what spin does

*wall ability* 0 none 1 wall climb

now i have no idea how hard/easy this would be to do but it would be a really nice addition and would allow character creation to have alot more depth than it simply being a sped up version of knuckles e.t.c.

Darkon said:
*ground ability* 0 is none 1 is spin attack
unless of course thats what spin does
That is what spin does.

Custom characters are more or less a novelty, you know. I agree, though, being able to control gliding/thok/fly speed would be a natural extension of the control you already have over running speed and acceleration. It's worth consideration.

and on the note of the character im creating, heres a little clue :-p

siloette.gif

see if you can guess from the look of the eyes

heres a proper picture of him

esp1.gif

and before you say anything about the shoes, im working on them :-p

Your avatar gives it away. Knuckles' variable could be his flight ratio. I found out that he has a current flight ratio of about 7. Ex: One unit down, seven units across.

well, i dont want espio to glide, just do a very short mid air burst so he has to be close to grab onto a wall

and i changed my avatar to him after everyone guessed :-p

edit: gotta stop doing smilies in every single message i post...

Aww man! I was doin Espio! Oh well. Yours is way better than mine anyway. And I don't care, since I actually just got 3 sprites made anyways...

another wall technique i just thought up, wall kick, do the air special against a wall and you instantly get repelled the opposite direction (facing that direction too) and does another jump

All that crap can be done through programming... The 'Air attack' and 'Ground attack' ideas are awful... c'mon, SRB2 IS BASED ON THE ORIGINAL SONIC GAMES! NOT SONIC BATTLE! A-hem...

Jason once made a wall kick. I could probably make the other move, but I have a lot of time on my hands... that I plan to use A) Xtreme. B) N64 Games. C) Other Games. D) Watch Anime. And my personal favorite E) Watch Ranma... Oh and F) Watch a lot more Ranma FOO'!

...Bye...

you obviously have no idea what i am talking about, or misread the posts, the only way it actually effects the game at all is if someone makes a custom character they have more options available for there character

you would usually be restricted to the usual

*sonic style* thok
*knuckles style* glide and climb
*tails style* flight

but with this option available you will be able to use characters with mix and match techniques such as tails's flight, but only for a very short time, or a character thats really slow but has a VERY fast thok technique

so i dont have any idea what you were thinking as it wouldnt impact the way the game currently plays at all

it just allows people who wish to make there own characters more customizable options

Problem: That's barely possible and hard enough to program. Climb, rather than being a secondary move, is more-or-less part of Glide... you CAN seperate it, but you'd have to edit P_User.c and then compile it...

There's no way to reduce stuff using a variable system... at least not easily. I doubt that anyone would sit down and bother trying either.

If ya want, I'll make an exe for ya... when I can be bothered of course...

Ps: Just saw the last bit... O.o... Yeah, but did the original Sonic games have the option for Tails to fly and climb on walls? The option of Sonic gliding and flying? No, they didn't. And that'd be stupid anyway. Besides, what you're suggesting is almost impossible. Each setting would have to be programmed, it's not worth anyone's time... just learn to program and that'll be that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back