Error when I use my wad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I trie to make a wad, there are some sprites I added yet:

j1.jpg

j2.jpg

j3.jpg

Jewel.jpg

I save them as bmp, and when i run the game and go to my wad, then a error appears:

signal_handler(): segment violation

what does it mean? please help me

To test them make sure you have something to fill the other sprite places whilst making the wad and also make sure ***a1 etc isn't ****A1 right at the end of the wad file.

The game needs all of the sprites. The last 2 sets of sprites end with "a" and "b"; this is a problem because not all WAD editors support lower case letters.

thanx but i have the latest version of xwe. Ok now I renamed all sprites to JEWLA1, JEWLA2A8... and the chara sprite to JEWLCHAR. But the error appears again and again. i really don't know what's wrong with it T_T

Sonicboy The Hedgehog said:
yes... just get the latest beta... Monster, will you do the honers?

I can't, because I have no idea what you mean by "honers". And obviously Sky Ninja's already done it before I was there to help.

Jewel the Mystery said:
thanx but i have the latest version of xwe. Ok now I renamed all sprites to JEWLA1, JEWLA2A8... and the chara sprite to JEWLCHAR. But the error appears again and again. i really don't know what's wrong with it T_T
ALL of the character sprites (minus Character select, life icon and life icon text) need to have the same spriteset name.

No you don't because I think that's either the Life Icon or the Life Icon Text... Whichever one it is, you don't have to change the first 4 letters to match the first 4 letters for JEWLA1, JEWLA2A8, JEWLA3A7, JEWLA4A6, JEWLA5, JEWLB1, and so on until JEWLb5 (which is not the same as JEWLB5)...

No, you don't. You can name it anything you want. For instance, if you chose to name it "GOOBER" for some weird reason (not suggesting you do, just an example...) It'll still work, as long as you put a line in S_SKIN saying "facename = GOOBER". As for the character sprites, they can be anything as long as every single one of them has the same four letters at the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back