Work with Model 3D instead of Sprite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorklenis2

Life gives you surprise ... surprise gives you lif
Because we do not try to work in the game with 3D models instead of sprite, I say that working with sprite requires a lot of time and that we should leave them for textures of the game and not characters.

Working in 3D gives us more options to work on characters and even add functions to maps and other types of things within the game.

Working with 3D Models saves more time and is faster.
Working with Sprite requires a lot of time and precision and does not help at all.

What do you think?

Last edited:
The thing is 3D models look awful in games based on Doom engine, even GZDoom which is far superior to SRB2 Opengl renderer wise is still having troubles getting them to look good, It's something you can't do much about.

Good point but ...

The thing is 3D models look awful in games based on Doom engine, even GZDoom which is far superior to SRB2 Opengl renderer wise is still having troubles getting them to look good, It's something you can't do much about.

If so, at least, make changes to the maps and add new features, and later, if someone comes along who knows how to model very well in 3D.

I have seen some characters modeled in 3D in this game and they do not look very bad, it's just a matter of doing it well and having patience if you want it to look beautiful.

They look unfitting and out of place In my opinion.

And what about the effects functions for the levels?
Example, clouds, fog, waterfalls, bubbles, etc.

In other words, we are not talking about characters but effects and functions for the levels.

I think it's a good idea, cause that would make a good place for the future of the slopes, we could have better options like a new frame for the animation of sonic walking on walls or maybe while the characters are going forward to a wall the has slopes on it.
But is okay having own opinios Romio.

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

I think it's a good idea, cause that would make a good place for the future of the slopes, we could have better options like a new frame for the animation of sonic walking on walls or maybe while the characters are going forward to a wall the has slopes on it.
But is okay having own opinios Romio.
Also, remember the comunity build mod? It was the first one in implementing slopes or at least the one who did it correctly, and it works well with both OGL and Software...
It has support for the phisics I mentioned, with this idea the game will improve just a little.

Last edited:
It would be nice to see Sonic and his team turn around in several obstacles and walk the walls, and climb, so I would call more attention.

I was talking about character models.

No longer because he says he does have them in the graphic engine of fatality, however, that you think about some effects for the levels.

Are you going to tell me that they will look bad?

The simplicity of level geometry just doesn't look good with a complex 3D character, it's easy to tell this high quality model doesn't belong there, it doesn't blend in well with the surroundings.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't know anything about making 3D models. Last I attempted to pick up a 3D modelling program, a lot of it was kind of over my head mostly. (Maybe it was because of what I was trying to do at the time, I forget?)

We are unlikely to start using 3D models in place of sprites in the near future, in any case.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't know anything about making 3D models. Last I attempted to pick up a 3D modelling program, a lot of it was kind of over my head mostly. (Maybe it was because of what I was trying to do at the time, I forget?)

We are unlikely to start using 3D models in place of sprites in the near future, in any case.

Exactly that's what you want to read, something of good vibes.

Others see that SRB2 with 3D models looks bad but others see them well besides we not only think about the characters, we are also going to think about the effects for the levels, I have seen good companions that know how to use the 3D model for SRB2 and it is a great advance.

However we can not waste if I work as if nothing because they make a great contribution to the community while another one is here to say bad vibes.

I'm not against the idea, I just don't think it's worth it if not all people like it, sprites is one of the things that give SRB2 it's unique style and feel, But hey 3D Models option is there if you like them.

As a lot of the users know, I'm 3D modeler, I agree with the idea cause I could be a good member cause I have a lot of experience and time.
By the ways, I'm not making 3D anymore cause all my work is done.

The answer is no, this will not be happening. Software does not support this unless converted to sprite format, which loses all of the benefits.

There's nothing quite like good sprite art to make something look nice, anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back