A Trio of 2.2 Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how 2.2 is but according to srb2 wikia there will be no more super sonic D:
angry-no.png

Last edited:
I like how 2.2 is but according to srb2 wikia there will be no more super sonic D: and my picture shows my reaction.

Sonic will still be able to transform in Single Player; it's just that collecting all the emeralds in Match or CTF will give you some other reward instead of letting you go Super.

Sonic will still be able to transform in Single Player; it's just that collecting all the emeralds in Match or CTF will give you some other reward instead of letting you go Super.

If that's the case, will there be 6 emeralds available like the Game Gear games? Its more sensible than having seven fake emeralds.

Um... I was talking about the emerald concept for Match and CTF. Maybe the Emeralds can be a form of extra points.

The point of Match is to gain score through shooting and hurting your opponents, not by running around and picking up collectible items.

weird idea, but what if the 7 emeralds just continued to spawn instead of them stopping once collected.

if collecting more than one of the same emerald is an issue, make them power gems that are all the same color. Plus have a bonus for actually hitting a super player.

if a player already has 7, prevent them from picking up more. since they'd all be the same thing really, as long as they continue to spawn at a regular rate, other players could be able to actually collect 7.

if dropping them is an issue, remove that function, they shouldn't stop spawning when 7 are in play anyway.

Last edited:
weird idea, but what if the 7 emeralds just continued to spawn instead of them stopping once collected.

I don't know about you, but I think that would end up making Match even more based on collecting the emeralds before anyone else can. Sure it'd be easier to obtain and would allow everyone to go Super, but that can be considered an even bigger problem because anyone not Super is going to get wrecked by multiple Super players instead of just one. Pray to the blue hedgehog gods that you've collected enough Automatic Rings to take care of them.

The point of Match is to gain score through shooting and hurting your opponents, not by running around and picking up collectible items.

This also applies here too! Since it'd be easier to get all emeralds, there's less reason to not go after them and would invite everyone to pay more attention to emeralds than the match itself.

Um.... I'd hate to break it to you.... But this feature is already in 2.1. Even then, no one thinks to disable it.

Super forms in match are total bullshit anyway.

I wanna know in what this is a reward to be so fast that you can't aim shit anymore (I mean thokking Sonics, as he's the top-match tier. Blue not flying Talonflame much pls, gives +65536 priority to Thok type moves.) and to get out of ammo in 30 seconds. I mean I sure suck balls in match, but god, unless you are lucky enough to get your filthy hands on a magnet to stick on your ass, you won't last long! And when I think this awesome bullshit is a reward to find 7 emerowds you can lose in 0,2 second if someone hits you and steps on your face, or if...*cough* goddamn recycler.

Their removal in 2.2 will probably not change anything as no one ever gets Super outside of MMZ. And still Super related stuff (I mean the extra score emeralds), leaving Emeralds in there is not a better idea either because Sonic's awesome match thokplay will consist of searching emeralds for extra points instead of even trying to quickrail other thokking Sonics, and the gamemode will get renammed to "Not XMas Emerald Hunt Thokfest"

I'm OK with the removal of emeralds from Match/CTF, but I find really dumb to do all that work to make Super forms for Tails and Knux for this game mode, and then decide "Welp, that feature is not something we want to keep, so we'll remove it" (you have good reasons for that, don't get me wrong).

At least make their Super forms available in SP and Coop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back