XBOX 360 controller as joystick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avi

I love this game.
Hi.

Just wanted to know whether it's possible or not for an XBOX 360 controller to be a joystick.

Uhm, the software is installed. But whenever I go to setup, it shows none.

Btw, I know mouse is better, just wanted to give joystick a try.

SRB2.

I went to options and setup controls, then I went to setup joystick and it showed 'none' in the box.

mikesword221 said:
Is it plugged in to the USB port? Did you sync your controller?
It only works if it's:
1. Wired, from the core console package.
2. Wireless, with an official wireless adaptor from Microsoft. Charge-and-play does nothing.

Oh, and I fixed your typo.

Did you make the adapter yourself or did you buy it? If you bought one you shouldn't be having problems.
You don't need drivers or special software to make a wired USB-converted 360 controller work on a PC, it's a standard HID compliant controller and your PC will automatically detect it. You only need USB drivers for the original XBOX controllers, you can get them at http://www.redcl0ud.com/xbcd.html and look at their tutorial for making a USB adapter, which is pretty easy and I think the tutorial applies to the 360 controllers as well. (Given some differences between original and 360 controllers.)
I've been playing SRB2 with my USB-converted, S-Type Mad-Cats controller ever since I had it, and I love it more than the GameCube controllers. :)

OR you could get a wired Xbox controller and just plug it in your computer. Your computer should say something like "unknown device detected". Now, open SRB2 and it should have the option to use a controller.
Now, set the controller controls.
It should work, it does for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back