• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Silver the Hedgehog, a WIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimera

Your best friend
Before you say it, yes I know there's, like, 3 silvers getting made, but none of them are really done yet for SRB2 2.0+ (IIRC), so I decided to dig up an old sprite I made around a year ago and start making Silver. :P (also I have permission from Chrispy to edit his sprites.)

silverwadcolor.png

silverprefcolorz.png

So yeah, comments and critique please.

Last edited:
Yes, well, my memory screwed up and made me think of that old silver wad that had green colored shoes. My fault :<

fixed now though

Hair shading is flat as a mug, what is going on with the face spines on the side frame, and there IS a difference on the back frame hands you know, go look at SonicCE again.
Also why do we have a Silver wad before Shadow. This is blasphemy

His hair spines need to be bigger. Just look at the picture, se how far they go over and around his head?

Thank you guys for pointing out the mistakes, highly appreciated!
silverwadcolor.png

silverprefcolorz.png

made some fixes.

EDIT: also, sure, you can help, Thundernova. I would appreciate some spiriting help :3

Last edited:
The top spike could still be bigger. And the 4th sprite's head look... Strange. That is a sprite that is seen alot so I would fix that. Other than that this looks good.

Yeah I figured the spike wasn't tall enough. :/

And I agree the A4A6 sprite is a little off. I believe I rushed making it >>;

Anyway thanks

1.jpg

This is a sprite from my Flare.wad. I think the head could be almost what you need.

Holy jesus, those boots are shiny.

Anyways, can I help pleeeeeeeeaaaaase
I can make the S_Skin1 and some sprites
Cmon man I want to be part of the first ever Silver wad released on the forum 'cause I'm a huge Silver fanboy.

Hate to burst your bubble, but this ain't the first Silver wad.

http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=20300
http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=19359

But anyways, it looks good so far, but something about the back frame bugs me, but I can't put my finger on it...

nobody says you have to, Senku. :P (edits are much easier anyway)

that... actually looks a lot better. Thanks.

Personally, it seems like a bulge coming out the back of his head. If the curve was flattened out a bit more, then it would look pretty freaking good.

And I'll also complain about the diagonal and side frames. I those frames shouldn't use the same spike sprite. It should face back a bit more on the diagonal and the other one could be visible, at least a bit. The side frames should also have the spikes not look like they're held up by gel; at least make them two pixels shorter (every pixel counts).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back