SRB2WB Beta doesn't build nodes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyro the Magma Fox

Totally not using Hydreigon
Here is a problem that makes me save a level in the latest downloadable beta of SRB2 Workbench before running it through Doom Builder:

I downloaded the latest version of ZenNode for SRB2DB AGES ago on my old Windows XP computer, and it built the nodes fine, but when I moved it to the new Windows 7 Laptop, in 3D mode it would moan about the latest version of DirectX not being installed (the same version on my other PC), so I moved to what is so far, SRB2 Workbench, using the same nodebuilder as before, ZenNode (*1.3.1 AFAIK) but when I save, then test, it complains with this:

SRB2 (Testing) said:
Level has no subsectors (Did you forget to run it through a nodesbuilder?)

So then I save the wad anyway, open up Doom Builder, save the map through that, because Workbench wouldn't build the nodes, THEN test it. This is really getting on my nerves, so is there a way to resolve this problem?

EDIT: ZenNode 1.2.1

Last edited:
1. Go to Tools > Options
2. click on the "Advanced" tab
3. At the bottom there should be a part named "External Nodebuilder". Click on "Browse" and go to wherever you have ZenNode.

Hope that helped!

I already did that, then I realised just now that that the ZenNode that Doom Builder comes with actually works as Workbench's nodebuilder! Also due to that, I wonder if Workbench, the config for it, AND the DB ZenNode would go in the archive in the same zip.

Finally got Doom Builder's 3D Mode working...

When WB's ready for release, I'll package everything up nicely. The binaries that I've been uploading are just testing snapshots.

Oh, okay. BTW, I managed to get DB's 3D Mode working by updating DirectX 9.0c... So I don't exactly NEED Workbench any more but that doesn't stop me from using it from time to time, does it?

Not like WB has its own 3D mode or anything...

Currently it does, as this screenshot first:

Y4RQ

BTW, is there gonna be a public release for the Workbench source code, Oogaland? Why, you may ask? Because I want to try and do an experiment using C++ to try and fuse WB and SLADE to create an experimental (fusion) lump editor with the capabilities of both programs. It's worth a try!

BTW, is there gonna be a public release for the Workbench source code, Oogaland?
The source is already public. You can access it here:
http://trac.srb2.org/browser/SRB2Builder
svn://code.srb2.org/SRB2Builder

Why, you may ask? Because I want to try and do an experiment using C++ to try and fuse WB and SLADE to create an experimental (fusion) lump editor with the capabilities of both programs. It's worth a try!
It's a nice idea, but I'm afraid it's not as straightforward as that.

It's a nice idea, but I'm afraid it's not as straightforward as that.
People at mancubus.net have worked on some kind of in-buit map editor for Slade. I can't tell you how it's going because they haven't released any build with the new features.

Oogaland, my good sir, mind you if I suggest things for WB? I thought of even opening a topic, but I haven't yet because I didn't want to bother you during this phase of development.

There's a CAD or SketchUp-like feature I miss on DB and WB: for exemple, in 3D mode, I'd like to click on a flat face, grab it and move it up or down. It's way faster than typing the heights or using the mouse wheel, at least for me.

Well I just noticed as I looked into SLADE via C++, I am quite new to source code, so I thought 'I think I should skip the so-called Workbench Xtra'

so I thought 'I think I should skip the so-called Workbench Xtra'
I don't think it would be a bad idea including some features into WB. Obviously, merging everything would be big pain.

WB is rather focused on map editing than lump editing, so auxiliary features like "Create/Edit MainCFG"*, "Add a level pic" and other things alike would suffice.

* - I know WB already can edit a per-map header, but I'm used to editing a raw text file with all stuff like secrets, level pack settings and all... and when done, I just add it into the wad or I use the "Edit MainCFG" tool in SRB2DB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back