Sonic Band

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virt

Trollerskates
Sonic Band is a fanmade Flash Game I'm making. I have tons of ideas and stuff for it, but unfortunately, I'm no good at scripting whatsoever. So I need help with the actual scripting and voice acting and music files and whatever. Would anybody want to help with the game?

...So, are you gonna tell us what the game is even ABOUT? Why join if we don't know a thing about it?!

You don't need to yell D00d. :3 (budum tish)
Anyway, Virt, most of the things you're asking is all the game besides art. Usually what I try and do with coding (even though I don't know crap) is make small, simple codes that can help.
For example, a code I was working on was based on Pokemon which had:

Code:
Movement
Up move_direction = 270
Right move_direction =*0
Down move_direction =*90
Left move_direction =*180

If move_direction == direction
** *move
Else
** *playanim
** *direction = move_direction
** *if button is still pressed
** * * *move

So instead of thinking of everything, do basic codes with terms that don't exist but can be made later. Or in some cases you can define these commands so that you can do the simplest things and expand on them later. Remember, making things complicated rather than making shortcuts can sometimes be easier to find what went wrong than stuffing with the commands, so do what you can, heck use maths, and try and get a basic outline done. Then you'll be three quarters of the way through.

Sorry, D00D. Forgot about that. You go through levels, walking around, and you go against other Mobians by terms of music. It's like Sonic mixed with Rock Band. But it has a storyline (which I'm still working on). The characters also get new costumes, such as this one.
sonicod.png

Anyway, if you need help, I'm back in Australia in a week so I might be able to help with music file compression and editing. Also, for an art direction, why don't you enlarge the Sonic Advance (3 maybe) two times and then outline and give it a new shading. Just making things a bit simpler.

Edit: I know, it was gen8, shut up.

Last edited:
You should use the original beta characters from Sonic's original band, before his "mother" got rid of the band (and his girlfriend, Madonna) because it was too much Japanese-life. There was an alligator, a rabbit, I think a chicken or dog, and a bear (I think).

You should use the original beta characters from Sonic's original band, before his "mother" got rid of the band (and his girlfriend, Madonna) because it was too much Japanese-life. There was an alligator, a rabbit, I think a chicken or dog, and a bear (I think).

Um... What?

Anyway, new info. There will be tons of songs from Sonic Games that different bands can play. First, you pick the band leader. Then, it shows a list of songs that leader is able to play. (The leader is usally the singer.) Next, you choose a song, and it gives you band members. So, let's say you chose Manic as your leader. It would show a couple songs from Sonic Underground (only good ones, mind you) and some others. You pick the song, "I've Found my Home". Then Sonic and Sonia come in onstage and play "I've Found my Home" with Manic singing (In some other Sonic Underground songs, all 3 of the siblings can be the leader). Also, there are different stages that you can unlock throughout the story mode. Such as Green Hill Zone, or Egg Factory, or even Acid Plant (the stage where the Sonic Underground originally played, "The Sound of Freedom").

Um... What?

Anyway, new info. There will be tons of songs from Sonic Games that different bands can play. First, you pick the band leader. Then, it shows a list of songs that leader is able to play. (The leader is usally the singer.) Next, you choose a song, and it gives you band members. So, let's say you chose Manic as your leader. It would show a couple songs from Sonic Underground (only good ones, mind you) and some others. You pick the song, "I've Found my Home". Then Sonic and Sonia come in onstage and play "I've Found my Home" with Manic singing (In some other Sonic Underground songs, all 3 of the siblings can be the leader). Also, there are different stages that you can unlock throughout the story mode. Such as Green Hill Zone, or Egg Factory, or even Acid Plant (the stage where the Sonic Underground originally played, "The Sound of Freedom").

732351-madonna.jpg

Madonna

sonicband.jpg

And I found a picture of his band. Turns out it was a monkey, not a bear.

Last edited:
I'm thinking what band Sonic plays with could be completely random, between the above image, and the Underground crew. Also, concept flash

Oh, and original version of Vector.

Thise pictures were the attempts to try and Americanise Sonic. When his 'mother' came in, she changed it to pretty much the original art and plan of Sonic when the Japanese first thought of him.
(getting that out of the way)

Also, Virt, you forgot the word concept. I can't see it at the moment, but CK, did you make that yourself?

Violo: Not even CLOSE. The flash has been at that link longer than I've known about the internetz.

Is this too big of a bump? I don't know why I'm digging around in old threads.
This sounds great, I wish I could contribute SOMEHOW if you are still doing it.
Let me know if the bump is too big.

A flash game?

And this is going to work as an actual music game how? As in, how do you plan on doing the rhythm side of it?

Add support for multiplayer and plugging in Rock Band/Guitar Hero instruments and I'll be impressed. Can't have one of these without RB/GH support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back