SRB2 Doom Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I got:

Error.jpg

The bottom error message is when I changed the directory to C:\Windows\system32\ becuase I used to make things work in that directory.

Had tried to installed NT 3.51 on VMWare to see if this would run (it should...)

EDIT: Turns out I had to input the code you gave me on an administrator's account to make it work. Thanks, Oogaland. ^.^

This might have been mentioned in the last 41 pages or so, but I get a runtime error "9"-Subscript out of range message if I accidentally right click on the window and add a linedef while Doom Builder is creating nodes.

Is that a bug?

At this moment, I'm making a level (applying what I learned) and I had put a description in "Sector description" field of a control sector. Until now ok.

But I needed to split a sector near that into two ones. What happened? Newer sector copied for itself that sector description I said... now I have two sectors with same description. It's weird.

Need more details? I'm here to give them if needed.

Ezer.Arch said:
Is that a bug?

At this moment, I'm making a level (applying what I learned) and I had put a description in "Sector description" field of a control sector. Until now ok.

But I needed to split a sector near that into two ones. What happened? Newer sector copied for itself that sector description I said... now I have two sectors with same description. It's weird.

Need more details? I'm here to give them if needed.
Sector descriptions are a cheap hack and don't work correctly if sector numbers change. It's more trouble than it's worth to fix.

Most of the time when I try to save, I get "Error 5 while saving map: Invalid procedure call or argument". This happens on normal Doom Builder also.

I use Vista. Is there anyway to fix this?

I'm probably asking for the near impossible here, but when I try and edit MAINCFG in SRB2DB I get the error "Runtime error 5: Invalid procedure call or argument.". That in itself doesn't sound like such a difficult problem, but I'm running it under Wine, so ending explorer.exe (as that link on fixing error 5 suggests) isn't an available option. I know that it's a set of circumstances that won't have been tested before (or at least very often), but are there any ideas for a solution?

Warpshade said:
I'm probably asking for the near impossible here, but when I try and edit MAINCFG in SRB2DB I get the error "Runtime error 5: Invalid procedure call or argument.". That in itself doesn't sound like such a difficult problem, but I'm running it under Wine, so ending explorer.exe (as that link on fixing error 5 suggests) isn't an available option. I know that it's a set of circumstances that won't have been tested before (or at least very often), but are there any ideas for a solution?
You could try
Code:
wine regsvr32 cmcs21.ocx
Failing that, my next suggestion would be to poke every compatibility setting you can find, or possibly try a native oleaut32.dll.

Sorry for the bump...But i need help.
Each time i try to edit the MAINCFG in SRB2DB i get this error
SRB2 Doom Builder error said:
Run Time Error '339':

Component 'cmcs21.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
In my home computer it works fine...But here doesn't works!
I'm using Windows XP

Superusuario said:
Sorry for the bump...But i need help.
Each time i try to edit the MAINCFG in SRB2DB i get this error
SRB2 Doom Builder error said:
Run Time Error '339':

Component 'cmcs21.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
In my home computer it works fine...But here doesn't works!
I'm using Windows XP
This one comes up a lot. I've no idea why it breaks. Anyway, here's the solution from another topic:

Oogaland said:
Download this, extract it to C:\windows\system32, and then run the following at the command line:

Code:
regsvr32 cmcs21.ocx

Superusuario said:
Is this correct?

No. Try:

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Windows XP>CD..

C:\Documents and Settings>CD..

C:\>CD..

C:\>regsvr32 cmcs21.ocx

<ENTER>

You have to type CD.. until you reach C:

Off-topic: YAY! My 100th post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back