My MD2 model isn't showing up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawfulfan

The Tortured Planet guy
I'm having trouble with an MD2 model. It's supposed to replace one of the snowflakes.

I think I did everything right. I made the model, which seems to be fine, then I made an all-white PNG image. I named the model SNO1.MD2 and the PNG image SNO1. Then, I put both in my MD2 folder, went into MD2.dat, and added the line:

SNO1 SNO1.MD2 5.0 0.0

Once I did that, I ran SRB2 in OpenGL mode, typed:

GR_MD2 1

in the console, then went to Christmas Hunt Zone to admire my handiwork. But it wasn't there! Have I missed anything?

Angelus, it's not like I'm targeting you in particular. If you don't know the answer, you don't have to respond to the topic. I only posted that to make sure that the topic doesn't get buried and my question doesn't remain forever unanswered. The point of the topic is that MD2 modelers WILL see it and give me suggestions.

All I'm saying is that if they do not come to you, maybe you need to go to them. That way even if this topic never gets the answer you require, you at least might have it on PM for the next person that has the same question. My reply was not meant to be demeaning in anyway, merely suggestion. That's what the microscopic writing in my signature says

the fine print in my sig said:
Disclaimer: Posts that Angelus creates in other topics are merely to make suggestions or offer helpful insight. Angelus can not be held responsible for any additional insults, wisecracks, demeaning comments, or anything that could be used as incriminating evidence.

(Come on, laugh. You know it's funny)

Weather particles are handled differently than normal sprites so that they use less resources; it might not be possible to replace them with models.

Phooey. That was my greatest MD2 creation. Do you have any suggestions for another sprite that could be replaced with this model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back