How can I request to get my username changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering because I've seen people change their usernames and I know that the administrators have the ability to change a user's name. Would I have to send a specific administrator a private request or could it be anybody?

Last edited:
You would have to send a message to an administrator requesting it. Just keep in mind to choose a good name that you think you'll be happy with for at least a year or two, because I doubt the admins will be in the mood to keep changing your name too often.

The username also can't have any of the words that we have blocked when you tried to sign up on MB as that would defeat the purpose of it. (My name was made long before we started blocking common hedgehog names and variants)

Question: Does changing your username mean you log in with that new username, to?

ex.: I change my username from MrBreada to DavidGo. Would I still log in with MrBreada?

I sent a request to an administrator three days ago and still haven't gotten at least a confirmation. Said administrator has been online after I sent the message too...

As far as I remember I asked Rob to change mine as Mystic never replied.(Everyone hates me so it didn't really surprise me :3)

I'm lazy and tend to only deal with it if asked on IRC.

I can do it, but for all future reference, this is really the best way to handle it as I see forum posts and PMs all the time at work and forget about them an hour later. I'm on IRC when at home, so that's usually the surest way to get a response from any admin, presuming they aren't AFK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back