3DS just got price cut to 170$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every DS game except Guitar Hero. :p
Anyway, I am perfectly happy with my 3DS, it's was like going from the GBA to the first DS, such and update, but somewhat familiar.

3DS price drop? FUUUUUUUUUUUCK
I just bought one two weeks ago(yes, for OoT3D which is so far making me want MM3D more) Either way, all those GB and NES games they're giving us ON SEPTEMBER 1ST probably aren't going to be worth 70 dollars. On a side note, what GB games are they giving us? I swear to god if one of them is Metroid II...

The other thing that comes with the 3DS straight out of the box is...my god... VALUE! The Augmented Reality technology is something nice to toy around with especially with 3D on. Graphics capabilities are really nice for a portable console(and not fucking overboard like the vita which alone is my GTX 560 with a higher price) except what saddens me is that no games have taken it to it's full potential. SSFIV's models are even a little rough around the edges. The other thing, which anyone who hasn't bought a 3DS will probably not know about, is StreetPass. I haven't really tried these features but honestly it's a neat little tidbit for if you have friends who also happen to own the device.

Responding to all the shit about garage developers, I don't know what fucking moron allowed Asphalt 3D to pass into the market(which, for the record, was developed by Gameloft.)

I don't know what fucking moron allowed Asphalt 3D to pass into the market(which, for the record, was developed by Gameloft.)

I hear you on that one. Unfortunately since there were no games available for the 3DS I bought that and SSFIV. I loved playing SSFIV, but Asphalt was the worst above $40 I have ever spent. The game was boring, the jumps had major glitch problems, and the turbo lines looked like a 2 year old drew them on the screen. The worst part about it is that I only got 7 dollars when I traded in the game because my mom's lazy ass wouldn't take me to gamestop within 7 days!

I like how the website you linked said its FLAME Red, not Flare Red. Also this was announced quite a while ago... about 2 month or so IIRC on the 3DS Topic. Or one month. Summer's making me lose a track of time.
The color was announced a long time ago and it was released in Japan a month or two ago. I don't think the American release date was ever announced. The news hit GoNintendo just a couple days ago so I gave a heads up to everyone here.

And yes, I made a one letter typo on what color the 3DS was.

I like how the website you linked said its FLAME Red, not Flare Red. Also this was announced quite a while ago... about 2 month or so IIRC on the 3DS Topic. Or one month. Summer's making me lose a track of time.

Both names are actually used around the world. Maybe one name is for Japan and another is the Americanized name.

I've been eagerly awaiting the free stuff since it was announced. Free Stuff is always good.

Face Raiders made me dig up the old Post a Pic of yourself thread. I've been shooting other users in the face for weeks now.

I got myself one on the weekend, like the day after the price drop, so I didn't get the free games, but I did get it for significantly cheaper than the Australian RRP.

Personally I "want" a 3DS, but it doesn't have any good original games right now. Nintendo really dropped the ball when it came to marketing this thing. It's weird seeing Nintendo slipping like this considering they've been a market juggernaut since the original DS. Nintendo is making the same mistake Sony made with the original PSP (I like the PSP, even understanding it's market blunder), in marketing it idiotically. PSP was littered with ports/remakes. And the 3DS seems to be following that. As does the Vita already (I'm anticipating this portable as well, but will be waiting it out, like I have the 3DS). The portable market is a joke right now.

Doesn't seem weird to me.

Also, Nintendo was the market juggernaut since the original Game Boy and has been up until the iPhone grew popular. Nintendo's competition is Apple, not Sony. I'm sure Ninty could care less about whatever Sony has since the PSP more or less became yet another failed Game Boy competitor (although not nearly as badly as the other failures that came before it).

Nintendo is having such a rough one this time around for several reasons:

- The iPhone isn't a specialized gaming device. It has a number of uses, one of which happens to be gaming.

- The iPhone is more open than Nintendo's systems (which doesn't say much compared to all the other platforms out there, but says a TON when you're only looking at Nintendo).

- This means that the iPhone has more games for it. LOTS more. HEAPS more.

- I suppose it also helps that Apple has a better business sense in the West than Nintendo of America.​

- Today's gamers just aren't as interested in super-long $50 adventures as they used to be, no matter how hard Nintendo tries to fight this (and yes, they WILL fight this, and perhaps for quite some time unless there is an attitude change within the company). In an increasingly mobile society, people just don't have the time or interest.

To be truthful, the iPhone is the last thing I would want to play games on, if only for the lack of any physical controls at all, as well as its dependence on iTunes (UGH). However, it can't be denied that the iPhone just has a much bigger advantage here.

A bit off-topic, I know, but I'd really like to know why Ninty's been so slow at releasing games as of late. Or maybe it just seems that way since all the other developers have fled Ninty's platforms. Frankly, I would love another gaming system that actually has a balanced variety of games. Ever since the demise of the Gamecube, I don't think I've ever really come across a platform that had a legitimately diverse offering. Nintendo's latest systems mainly consist of lacking first-party releases and casual games. Sony's forte is "movie games". The 360 (and Microsoft's vision for PC gaming) more or less just involves Call of Duty clones and Bejeweled (with nothing in between). And yes, you said it yourself, mobile gaming is pretty much a joke these days. Here's to hoping that the Wii U will win back some third-party support. I would love to see a change in developer policies from Nintendo as well, but the company is... well... stubborn.

tl;dr: Today's gaming sucks. Thanks for being a jerk, Nintendo.

Last edited:
I'm a proud owner of every modern system EXCEPT the 3DS. The PSP at least had a few decent launch titles. I can't say the PS3 did though (offtopic, just mentioning it). I honestly have no faith in the Wii-U since you mentioned it though. Nintendo says they're focusing on the "hardcore" player. But that presents two problems. No hardcore player wants a giant gimmicky controller. And, it didn't help when Nintendo had a lousy E3 showing of it (including the use of PS3/360 footage to advertise multiconsole Wii-U releases). As for the 3DS, I think Nintendo was hoping too much that the name "DS" would just sell it. No system with the name "DS" in it has done this bad, so Nintendo might have been assuming the damn thing might just print money, which it didn't. It's back on it's game in Japan but appears to still be struggling everywhere else. THEN Nintendo is making other dumb decissions that's hurting their credibility, like the currently euro-only Wii model without GC support.

I guess it just hurts to see Nintendo doing bad, since I grew up on Nintendo systems.

Since this is higher up, and about the ambassador program...

http://tinycartridge.com/post/9585425308/japans-new-prime-minister-announces-all-10-3ds

For those too lazy to read or whatever, the 10 NES/FamiCom games coming out are...

• Super Mario Bros.
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Ice Climber
  • The Legend of Zelda
    [*]Wrecking Crew
    [*]Mario Open Golf (or NES Open Tournament Golf in the U.S.)
    [*]Yoshi’s Egg (or Yoshi in the U.S.)
    [*]Metroid
    [*]Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Bold = previously unconfirmed

I dunno what the hell golf is doing in there, but Wrecking Crew and Zelda II are quite welcome surprises! What do you guys think?

Nice variety there, with some winners and some games I'd rather forget. Of course, considering they're all free, I'll happily play through Zelda 1 again and maybe Zelda 2 might even feel somewhat playable on a portable.

Zelda 2 was more playable when the amounts of experience points needed to level up were lowered significantly. I recall a Game Genie code I once used to do this, where when you leveled up, it wouldn't reset your experience points to 0; the game became a lot less brutal as a result.

And yet, I've still never felt compelled to ever reach the second temple.

I actually got to the last temple on the NES version, but it was so long and tedious that I just used a Game Genie to beat the thing. Of course, I don't mind grinding in RPGs if I actually feel like I'm getting somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back