Quick question about the SRB2 source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digiku

I'm currently in no position to use IRC right now, and Notepad++'s "Find in Files" function doesn't seem to work for me, so those of you familiar with the source:

In which files can I find functions that deal with the following?

* Sector lighting
* Colormaps (the kind which take "#0000FFJ" and make water blue)
* Map header parsing

I'll ask for more in this topic if the need comes up.

Well, I don't know any specifics, but the r_* files would be a good place to start.

Map header parsing is in Dehacked.c, and colourmaps seem to be read in from their pseudo-textures in p_setup.c. All the rendering business is spread over r_*.c, as Shuffle said.

Cool, thanks!

How about Thing SOC defaults? Like, the Crawla has its own values and states and such before somebody goes on and edits them. Where are they defined? (Sorry; I'm kinda' strapped on time, too.)

Awesome.

How about Thing bitsets? Where in the source are Thing bitsets processed to find their specified Z height? (Also, the place where, e.g. the Deaf flag is recognized for a Ring so 32 is added to its height, would be nice too.)

Both are in p_mobj.c, particularly in P_SpawnMapThing, but also elsewhere. Search for mthing->options >> 4 (or mthing->options >> 5 for those whose factor is 32). The special handling of Deaf for rings is commented Special flag for rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back