Whee! Loads of edits! (FlameServ.soc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame

WR 102
Seeing as Draykon made his draykserv.soc with random edits and whatnot, I've decided to do something Similar!

Here is a list of what is in the FlameServ.soc

The thok graphic is changed a bit so its a little brighter (Screenshot included)
srb20001ck4.png

Thokking leaves a trail of energy, rather than a single orb. (This was originally my Idea, draykon stole this idea from me) (Screenshot above)

Bushes are now destroyable like monitors and spawn a ring when destroyed. Also They will give off a little ring monitor icon when they are idle (Screenshot included)
srb20000fv5.png

Enemies will also spawn a ring when destroyed, just like the Bushes

Monitors become pushable (Unless deafed) so you can push them into pits/springs or do whatever you want with them.

Speed shoe and Invincibility Icons will spawn above your head when popping a monitor of that type. The only problem is that the Icons never go away, unless you jump in a pit. This was removed from the SOC because of me trying to fix this MANY times and failing to do so.

Flame monitors spawn a firesheild sheild and with rotating Flames around you that damages opponents when hit. (I might have stole this from Prime, I'm not sure)

When you have the fire sheild and spin to make those little Flames on the ground, they have a proper Dissapearing Sequence.

The water sheild has a new little annoying Ambient sound.

(I'm also looking for some ideas on what to do for the Electric, Wind, and Armegeddon sheilds)

Eggman has been given the starburst cannon weapon from the sonicoverdrive.wad (I asked Draykon to use this, It's not stolen)

I also did a few other things but can't remember what those things are...

And Last but not least, the Download link:
http://www.flaminghedgehog.php0h.com/Srb2/SOCs/FlameServ.SOC
EDIT: For the love of god, RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE AS!

Enjoy!

Wow, this might be a trend.

Anywho, this was definately random, but the bushes spawned ring sings too frequently. I'd fix that.

I'll Begin said:
So many of your changes are overpowered.

Would you point out where some of my changes are overpowered? :|
(Other than giving eggman the starburst cannon)

Do what Akuma said. Right click it, and click "save link as". I use Firefox, so I don't really know what it would be on explorer.

Found a glitch.

If you lose the fire sheild, the spinning flames stay in the same spot you were in when you were hit. Also, touching them hurts you.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
I'll Begin said:
So many of your changes are overpowered.

Would you point out where some of my changes are overpowered? :|
(Other than giving eggman the starburst cannon)
Plants give you rings. The Thok attack is faster (it is). And the Inferno Sheild gives you some kind of Chaos Blast attack, but with fire.

I'll Begin said:
Plants give you rings. The Thok attack is faster (it is). And the Inferno Sheild gives you some kind of Chaos Blast attack, but with fire.

The Plants that give you rings is not overpowered in any way possible. It just gives you rings as a reward... >_>

The thokking is not faster, this has to deal with SOCcing, not editing the Actionspd of the characters

The inferno sheild gives some kind of chaos blast attack? Um, You must have been using the Armegeddon sheild after poping an inferno sheild monitor.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
I'll Begin said:

The Plants that give you rings is not overpowered in any way possible. It just gives you rings as a reward... >_>
Ron's right, that's overpowered

The thokking is not faster, this has to deal with SOCcing, not editing the Actionspd of the characters
Try it yourself, thok normally then add flameserv.soc

The inferno sheild gives some kind of chaos blast attack? Um, You must have been using the Armegeddon sheild after poping an inferno sheild monitor.
Whoops, I think I was mixing socs back then, actually. And by Chaos Blast I didn't mean "armageddon sheild", I meant like that ninja vanish soc from a while back.
EDIT: I think I fixed the weird formatting problem this post gave.

Okay, the plants were ment to be destroyable and to spawn a ring when destroyed, it is supposed to be a little reward for you... How many times do I have to say this? Its not overpowering!

As for the thoking, I just tested out the thing. It does not change the thoking powers what so ever, you must be seeing things.

Anyway, I uploaded a new version of the Flameserv.soc with some things removed... The only thing that was removed was the Icons hovering above your head when you pop the Speed shoes/Invincibility monitors.
I found it rather annoying to keep trying to fix this.

Several other bugs have been found and fixed.

The Spin flames that rotate around the red sheild have full brightness in all areas (I Still have to fix the error in which when you loose your sheild, the SpinFlames go away)

Popping a Speed shoes/Invincibility monitor has been fixed, Apparently it sigsegved before, but now it's fixed.

Fixing other problems as they come up.

Getting a single ring from a bush is overpowered? What are you people smoking?

Anyways, I think that if you throw in an A_CapeChase call on the rotating fireball thinkers, but only for a duration of 0, just to get the side effects in, you can fix up the dissapearring thing. As A_CapeChase tells an object to vanish if it's target is dead or nonexistant.

I'm the only one here who's smoking, and it's actually dead leaves from a maple tree. I imported them from Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back