My first Zone, Checkered Cave Zone (CCZ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callum

Current Version: v1.0.1
Act 1 Shots:.
shot23ol.jpg

Start of the level.
shot13uc.jpg

Starting to walk.
shot33zd.jpg

Wiping out Crawlas with Invincibility.
shot44ou.jpg

Tackling the speed of sound with Speed shoes.

Act 2 Shots:
srb200000zm.jpg

Start of the level.
srb200015ba.jpg

Running down the hall really fast.
srb200021tv.jpg

In a hall with 2 "?" Monitors.
srb200034lu.jpg

Running through a large colony of Jettysyns.

Act 3 Shots:
srb200048qv.jpg

Start of the Level.
srb200054tv.jpg

When the boss is beaten.

Download: http://srpgp.supersanctuary.com/ffh/download.php?file=c9bb5c824c6f25afbfea588f12173aba

This is my first Zone. The acts are pretty short because of that. But I like how they turned out. Comment please. Rate out of 5.

srb200034lu.jpg

Ew. Large amounts of badguys tossed together for no reason = bad.

srb200048qv.jpg

REDWALL. Double ew.

You'll probably want to fix those. Not too hard; delete some Jetty-syns and change some Flats. Nothing big.

No scenery at all. I havent played the game, but by the screenshots, it looks like huge hallways with nothing but enemies and no scenery at all. Try to liven up the place with at least something.

fox.dx2 said:
The page expired on the download link.

It works for me.

@Other guys: I don't know. Through my eyes, I think the red wall does the trick. But I'll try to fix it anyhow. Also, I'll put more things in there as well. The lots of enemies are there because they were supposed to. As in the description.

The fastest way, Sonic decided, to go through the Checkered Caves to follow Eggman to Techno Hill after he destroyed Greenflower City. Little did Sonic know, it was a Detour other than a Shortcut. Eggman put so many badniks there, Sonic would be sure to die.

GCFreak said:
@Other guys: I don't know. Through my eyes, I think the red wall does the trick.

Let me guess, you've never experienced REDWALL before. Never should you use REDWALL. Also, missing textures are replaced with REDWALL, so in that case, you probably forgot to set the floor and ceiling textures of the outer sector of the arena. And remove that AWALL texture too, while you're at it. I don't even know why AWALL is the default, but I somehow see the problem plaguing many first-time levels.

Also, I would get rid of the long, boring hallways filled with millions of enemies. Even if it's part of your story, it should never become a gameplay element.

It's okay though, as this is your first level. You'll learn more from experience.

...Those aren't REDWALLS. They're the red flat. You can't have missing flats.

Umm dude you gotta fix those boss walls i could fix it for you if you want but i need your permission post or PM if you want my help and btw what do you use to name your levels? :P

*Sorry for Double Post*

Beta v1.0.1

All that's changed:

I tried to "Liven up" the place.

Download at first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back