• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Botanic Serenity - Part Trois

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, you should REALLY consider letting FoxBlitzz beta test this thing as well, his computer is INSANE.

Just got done testing and sent the results to Digi. At the beginning I got 14 FPS, and as I went through the first area it varied, but in the second open area I got 35 FPS most of the time. Very lowest I ever got was 8.

Also, no matter which resolution or image enhancing options I use, I always get the same FPS. So it may not have to do with graphics power. But then again, my card, like many modern cards, has optimizations for resolutions and image filtering modes (Yours included, Shuf).

I'd recommend removing some of the more complex geometry, especially from the ceiling. As you add more geometry, the polygon count will soon begin to skyrocket above desirable levels.

I think what it really is, FoxBlitzz, is the fact that it's NiGHTS mode and it has so many calculations to do.. constantly.

Well, the high requirement is mainly due to the NiGHTS aspect of the level. The track is generally longer than Spring Hill Zone (and also uses a lot more straight lines, which take up more CPU), so, yeah, this'll require more power than Spring Hill.

I might try to downplay on the visuals a bit, though, to compensate. Frankly, I don't expect a release until at least 1.09.3 (whenever that'll be), as Tails told me he's working on the NiGHTS code. Hopefully that'll help, at the very least, to require me to do less downplaying.

THANKSSS!!!

You now inspired me to make a new srb2 mod, where all levels will be the same, but then much longer or bigger! (yeah, you heard me! ALL the levels! including match and night stages!)

But that will be very far away from now, and i gotta learn how to make bugless levels.

FoxBlitzz said:
Just got done testing and sent the results to Digi. At the beginning I got 14 FPS, and as I went through the first area it varied, but in the second open area I got 35 FPS most of the time. Very lowest I ever got was 8.

Also, no matter which resolution or image enhancing options I use, I always get the same FPS. So it may not have to do with graphics power. But then again, my card, like many modern cards, has optimizations for resolutions and image filtering modes (Yours included, Shuf).

I'd recommend removing some of the more complex geometry, especially from the ceiling. As you add more geometry, the polygon count will soon begin to skyrocket above desirable levels.

He let you test with it too? 0_o
You, my friend, have been given an honor, as Shuffle and I have as well, and probably other people im forgetting :P

But that will be very far away from now, and i gotta learn how to make bugless levels.

So you want to make a mod, but you don't even know how to make a level yet? Set your expectations lower, you will not be able to complete a whole mod at this point.

FuriousFox said:
So you want to make a mod, but you don't even know how to make a level yet? Set your expectations lower, you will not be able to complete a whole mod at this point.

I do know, but they always seem to look weird. And i'm not going to make a completely new mod, but just a mod that extends all the default levels. And as i said, its going to be pretty far from now, so i'm probably skilled enough then to make one.

Woo, two-month bump! If you haven't seen the first post...

I said:
UPDATE: 4/20/06
BSZ is so very close to being done. May actually seems like a possibility now!

If you haven't noticed it in my sig, check out the framerate test data:
http://digiku.x3dom.net/bszframerates.png
Perhaps "1.5ghz" is a groundless statement (seeing as a 2.0ghz Athlon 64 performs as well as a 3.0ghz Pentium 4), but I think the performance worries are at least carressed a little bit.

Also, I might need your help. See post in last page for details. Maybe I'll post new screenshots soon!

I'm having a little trouble finding someone who can help me out. Would anyone here happen to have a working Saturn and Christmas NiGHTS, per chance?

The reason I ask is because I want certain tunes to be recorded from the Melody Box unlockable. I picked parts. I just need someone to record them - all I have is an inaccurate (yet pretty good) emulator.

well, if you are altering so much, why not go and make the loop tune progression up up down up up down like it is supposed to be?

"supposed to be"? What?

Anyways, yeah, I'm the Digi from soniconthe.net. I made a request post there asking the same question - I got no help :P.

I have both, but I lack the proper recording equipment to create particularly valid music files from it. Maybe if I went on SSF and re-unlocked it?

Yeah, I use SSF myself. The sound emulation isn't exactly 100% accurate :P.

Darn, though. At least you're the closest I got by far...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back