Most level replacement wads crash game:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aegix

Generally Friendly
(BUG IS RESOLVED, IT WAS JUST A CORRUPTED SAVE FILE CAUSING THE PROBLEM :s)

Ever since my laptop did a mandatory update today, most total level replacement wads crash my game.

Basically, any time I get this screen and hit "start game", SRB2 crashes on me. Even for wads that were working just find this morning.
crash-bug_zps77be1280.png

I have completely reinstalled SRB2, and I still have the same problem. :s Any idea how I can fix this?

(I will post more info if I find any common patterns. So far, the only "complete campaign overhaul" type wad that works is TheGreavDivide. Everything else crashes.)

EDIT:
Ok, if I manually use Addfile to add the wad in question instead of the launcher, it works. But it crashes when I use the launcher.

Last edited:
Now with 100% more error log.

Hopefully that can tell you what the problem is.

Attachments

• errorlog.txt
    8.8 KB · Views: 281
*checks* Yeah, it's the one on the downloads page that they say they no longer support. Go figure. :s

The thing was it was working just fine, and then a windows update makes it go stupid on me. -_-

Got another, working launcher I can use?

It's probably not your launcher. I'm using that very same one and all crashes I've had are due to something else entirely.

Considering the game crashed at all this is a bug with the game itself most likely!

What OS does your laptop have anyway?

What OS does your laptop have anyway?

Windows 7

I can't seem to find which update it was. Looking at the history tells me that it's the internet explorer update that happened.

0_o How does THAT break SRB2's custom level loading?

....and now loading levels via the command line (Addfile *filename*) causes SRB2 to crash. :(

This is upsetting.

EDIT: ...And now it's working again via command line. What the heck is going on here?

Last edited:
FOUND OUT WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS.

Apparently, a save file I had made with one of those mod-type wads was corrupted somehow. I deleted it and suddenly everything worked again.

FOUND OUT WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS.

Apparently, a save file I had made with one of those mod-type wads was corrupted somehow. I deleted it and suddenly everything worked again.
Here's another solution, in case it happens to you. If the game crashes on startup when using a launcher, you need to re-arrange the order of your wads. Sometimes too much lua or lua added at the wrong time can cause the game to crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back