Shatter blocks can't hold items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaber

Emblem Radar Ready
As can be seen here, I have an item placed on top of a bustable block meant to lure the player to it. but in game the item shows up below it.
busterror.png

busterror2.png

I made sure this wasn't just some mapping error on my part and recorded what actually happens.

srb20004.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
That isn't a bustable block, though, it's a shatter block. This behavior is probably somewhat intentional, given that the maze in DSZ2 uses it to hide things inside the blocks. However, I agree that there should probably be a way of opting out to this feature.

One thing you can try is using the same control sector to feed an invisible, tangible FOF with the same tag. If you make it so that the invisible FOF is only tangible to non-players (there's a flag for that), then objects will rest on the invisible FOF while players will still go through and break the shatter block. Then, because shattering the block just messes with the control sector heights, the invisible block will move along with the shatter block and everything should Just Work like magic.

Yeah, Shatter blocks aren't solid anymore, for the sake of letting players go through if they fail to shatter them for some reason, instead of being blocked as before by them.

Then, because shattering the block just messes with the control sector heights

Not anymore, they've been changed so they literally vanish out of existance. As a consequence none of the other FOFs on the same control sector are affected anymore.

Also as a consequence, the only way to get them back now is using the new Linedef 445 (with Noclimb set) to force the FOF to reappear. =V

Last edited:
Well disregard all my previous rambling then, since it seems you won't be able to trust anything the wiki says for a good few months.

So do shatter blocks not have FF_SOLID anymore or something? If so, then you could probably revert to the old behavior by making a custom shatter FOF with FF_SOLID set. Unless you just completely hardcoded it, in which case... why would you do that? D: At the very least make them intangible only to players, since if I'm reading you right then you should also be able to shoot people through shatter blocks right now.

also explains why NiGHTS Super Sonic can go through them now. But it would still be nice if there was a semi-classic shatter block for when you wanted the floor to crumble from the weight of the player and not let items through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back