Wonder Topic #2: Youtube's Progression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effigy The Fox

Is mostly dead by now.
Today, I'll try conveying about Youtube. Youtube comes a long way with legendary users like NintendoCaprisun, ClementJ642, freddiew and others. Also along with a new way to do stuff like uploading videos and the like. On to the question and or opinions.

How do you think Youtube has progressed in these recent years from themes, videos, and apps to change Youtube on Google Chrome(Example: Google Chrome Extentions - Youtube Light Theme) and why?

(Wonder Topic #1 was Weird Dreams.)

Last edited:
I do believe it was the period around when the Beta Channels.. that I first heard of YouTube, back when they were getting rid of the old old BG.

The Beta version was simple for me, then it turned into something complex that I didn't understood until a few weeks later.

I'm a type of guy that perfers simple designs by the way, and I really don't like the approach Google is doing (seriously, a facebook-ish Google site?)

The Beta version was simple for me, then it turned into something complex that I didn't understood until a few weeks later.

I'm a type of guy that perfers simple designs by the way, and I really don't like the approach Google is doing (seriously, a facebook-ish Google site?)

Google Chrome... Claimed to be THE fastest Browser out there... When I last tried it, it went slower than MOZILLA FIREFOX! I am serious here. And with Google+ (That Facebook clone) when you first go to Youtube after signing up on Google+, it wants you to show your real name! How bad is that for those whose real names are to themselves and real life friends? And AFAIK, there is no 'My name is to myself and real life friends' option! Google are seemingly taking away privacy with that... So Google has had most of it's downs recently, not TOO bad, but still... And say if it's your 1st time on Google Mail, and you sign up to Google+ straight away, if you don't have any contacts and it says 'Why not add more people to your circle?'... Anyway...back to Youtube... I think it has come quite a long way, but one of the only downsides I've heard of is that people LOSE subscribers due to the user's "inactive account"... So I don't like that approach too much either...

Erm, it went faster for me, any idea why?
It's faster for me too. Partially it depends on what the site is loading, also the two browsers seem to load things differently. Mozilla seems to load more in parts, while chrome stalls just a bit longer then loads the entire page at once (may not actually be true, it's just what I've seemed to notice).

Chrome and Firefox have been the same speed for me, but Chrome doesn't constantly crash when it feels like it.

I also don't mind the new YT so much. I mean, you get used to it. It's not so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back