Megaman Legends 3 - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

http://www.capcom-unity.com/jgonzo/...ends_3_project_announced_for_the_nintendo_3ds

And it is for the 3DS!
MEGA MAN LEGENDS 3 PROJECT KICKS OFF!!

Hi everyone! This is Masakazu Eguchi, director of MEGA MAN LEGENDS 3!

So, how about that Keiji Inafune special interview? Did you like that?

As you can see, Inafune is very enthusiastic about this project. And that new development style that he said he would go into more detail about later, I’m sure you won't be disappointed by that. We think not only fans of the series, but anyone interested in Mega Man Legends will be like, “What? ...OMG!!!”

When I and the rest of the staff first heard that were that we were doing this, we were shaking in our boots. All of us were asking our bosses, “Are you guys serious?”

But the proposition was interesting to say the least. So, now here we are making intense preparations and trying to stay on schedule.

...Having said that, there are so many details about the project that I am dying to tell all of you... but you'll have to wait and let your imaginations run wild for just a little longer, until the Comic Con in New York next month!

Until then, I'll use this blog to introduce to members of my team, and tell you a little about what's going on here in the Dev Lab. I'll do my best to update it at least once a week, so check back often!

I'm also looking forward to hearing comments from all of you!

So Capcom's MT Framework engine was designed with a third MML in mind, and it goes to the 3DS? I'm kind of disappointed.

And the more I think about how the controls aren't likely to be all that improved thanks to the lack of a second analog stick (shame on BOTH of you, Nintendo and Sony), I'm really disappointed.

But still, woo MML3 and all that.

Well 2012 is happening after all. Duke Nukem Forever gets released and now this. If Time Splitters 4 or Kingdom Hearts III gets confirmation soon, were all doomed. Doomed, I tell you doomed! Not really but you get the idea. Glad to see a sequel in the works.

Well 2012 is happening after all. Duke Nukem Forever gets released and now this. If Time Splitters 4 or Kingdom Hearts III gets confirmation soon, were all doomed. Doomed, I tell you doomed! Not really but you get the idea. Glad to see a sequel in the works.

Uhm

But anyways, glad to see that this series is getting a sequel. I still need to play more of the originals, though.

I don't have any problem about the game being released for 3DS, since it has enough buttons, an analog stick and pretty graphics :V

And from everything that Keiji Inafune said, this game will probably have great features and stuff compared to the previous ones

Since it's gonna be released to 3DS, I'm kinda sure it will have good uses for the stylus pen, there was good uses for it in some Capcom games for DS I've played, like Resident Evil: Deadly Silence, so ya see why I'm kinda optimist about it

Hopefully, a gameplay trailer will come soon

Well it's really awsome. You guys shouldn't be mad about it going on 3DS because after a while there surely gona be an emulator that going to come out with the 3DS games.

Well it's really awsome. You guys shouldn't be mad about it going on 3DS because after a while there surely gona be an emulator that going to come out with the 3DS games.
It doesn't matter, the game's graphics will still be comparable to PS1 graphics and it still will feature limited content compared to if it was on a console.

It's not the 3DS itself, but moreso how the controls will feel different to fans of the series.

It doesn't matter, the game's graphics will still be comparable to PS1 graphics and it still will feature limited content compared to if it was on a console.

bubble-objection.gif

You probably still didn't see the 3DS graphics, this video here with Mario Kart 3DS even has a comparison with the DS one. The normal DS graphics can be comparable to PSX graphics, but 3DS' graphics are more powerful compared to the previous DS

And how could you say "it still will feature limited content compared to if it was on a console"? There isn't even a gameplay video of Rockman Dash 3 yet, and there isn't info about that for 3DS either, you can't be sure about it

I also doubt that the fans will mind about very little different controls since 3DS has an analog stick and enough buttons, but that's just my opinion

I'm kinda not familiar with megaman legends, is it like the megaman X games where you could get imporved armor, boss weapons and stuff?...
I'll just search 1 and 2 on youtube.

Wasn't Legends in an alternate universe, hence why Megaman was portrayed in the way he was?

Not too familiar with the storyline, but I think Legends was in an alternate universe because in Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom he isn't referred to as "Megaman"; rather "Megaman Volnutt".

Last I heard it was suppose to be far in the future and Battle Network was suppose to be the other dimension.

IIRC Wikipedia said that the main character has an (X Series) Zero poster on his wall. If we're dismissing the idea that this is a meaningless cameo, we could speculate that X and Zero have incorporated themselves into the pop culture of the society in this future due to their influential role in shaping the society.

Actually, Zen, the games themselves lend towards that.

• Wily builds Zero with intent to kill off Megaman, Bass, and possibly Protoman. Light builds X, but realizes the danger in a free-thinking robot and/or feel humanity is not yet ready for something like X.
  • Zero seals himself away, to be awakened by Ciel 100 years after the final X game.
  • Zero dies onboard Space Cannon Ragnarok
  • Ciel finds Biometal Model W (seen in cutscene images, but never stated by a character), vanishes after building Biometals Z, X, H, L, F, and P
  • ?????
  • World floods and last human lives in a space station.
  • Legends series's events

Chaos, there isn't any proof that Zero in fact died on Ragnarök. Heck even the complete works never confirms it.

I thought this thread was about Legends 3, not the possibility that the various Mega Man series are in a single timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back