tittle screen easter eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerman14

Returned for 2.2!
So the other day i found this forum:http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=35685
It says there's a few easter eggs on the title screen...
Including:

ultimate

POKSOC

10char

APL
and finally
BEEDEE, which is sorta a trap. won't ruin the surpirse, but you can find it easier by digging around in the srb2.srb file with xwe. and hopefully not be startled as much as I was!
Anyways, maybe I could get a little explanation of these easter eggs? I got most of them to work except ultimate and 10char.

10char is not an easter egg, it's just something people add to their posts when it's less than 10 characters, because the forum software doesn't allow such posts.

POKSOC, APL and BEEDEE are in-jokes. POKSOC stands for Pokemon Soccer, a video SSNTails and Johnny Wallbank were involved in. What you hear when you type it on the title screen are soundclips from the video. APL stands for A Pocket Lapse, another video that never got made, but here's the script. BEEDEE apparently refers to some kind of emoticon David Bulmer invented/used/dunno. David Bulmer composed some of SRB2's music. The soundclips are also from A Pocket Lapse.

And ultimate is hardly a secret anymore. If you type "ultimate" on the title screen, you can play SRB2's single player campaign with all rings, ring monitors and shields removed, so every hit kills you. In 2.1, you won't even be able to collect extra lives anymore, so you will have to beat all of SRB2 without getting hurt once.

I thought these console commands could be entered anywhere, not just the title screen.

I enter console commands ingame all the time. ;o "Skin Sonic; Color Cyan; Name Cirom"

@j-town these are secrets that only work at the tittle screen.
@SC
wow.. that was... an incredibly silly script.
anyways, thanks for the info SC.
@SSNTails
couldn't get the vid to work :(

The first two soundclips aren't really easter eggs since you can find them in the Sound Test. I think you can use Tunes for the clips as well, but I'm not sure, haven't checked in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back