Greeny Arenas Zone Demo - Map01-03 of Story Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to give criticism on why this is currently in really bad shape but...

And for the middle texture, I will not remove it because I want the players to get confused and I know that most of them will'nt get confused...

I just dropped all hope when reading this, and I got angry after you dared to DEFEND it. This isn't how level design works, go actually READ up on tutorials or something. Just forget about these and start different levels that don't make the same mistakes this does.

I was going to give criticism on why this is currently in really bad shape but...

I just dropped all hope when reading this, and I got angry after you dared to DEFEND it. This isn't how level design works, go actually READ up on tutorials or something. Just forget about these and start different levels that don't make the same mistakes this does.

Ok, THIS WAS ENOUGH! ;-|

The skybox is way too fucking big, and the player falls below it if he falls in the death pit.

Also remove that damn midtexture, don't argue about that. And for fuck's sake...
turn the Crawla the right way! More than half of them are turning me their back and are even more useless than they're supposed to be!

The middle texture is already removed...

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

The skybox is way too fucking big, and the player falls below it if he falls in the death pit.

Also remove that damn midtexture, don't argue about that. And for fuck's sake...
turn the Crawla the right way! More than half of them are turning me their back and are even more useless than they're supposed to be!

Done. Crawlas are facing the right way now.

ok the boss arena may be smaller now, but it's also worse now.

I think the best fix is go back to the previous map and shrink it down in size.

This map has an unnecessary skybox that makes it hard to tell there's a death pit down below.

Well even as a beta, the other act 3 beta was better designed even if it was over sized. Heck, since I still have that version I can show you what changes can be made to it to improve it.

Last edited:
Well even as a beta, the other act 3 beta was better designed even if it was over sized. Heck, since I still have that version I can show you what changes can be made to it to improve it.

Well, the 'after' one you've made, not I!

Changes!!

Finally after many months, I started working on these levels again. Now as SRB2 2.1 supports slopes, now this level contains slopes. Not much in the first act, but you'll find plenty of slopes in the second one. Moreover, death pits are totally gone and there are some improvements in both the acts, several bug fixes and all.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

That's it.

Finally after many months, I started working on these levels again. Now as SRB2 2.1 supports slopes, now this level contains slopes. Not much in the first act, but you'll find plenty of slopes in the second one. Moreover, death pits are totally gone and there are some improvements in both the acts, several bug fixes and all.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

That's it.
Yay! This level is more fun!

Just an FYI, the first level has the player start moved to right near the exit so when you play it it spawns you there, instead of where you should be spawning. Act 2 isn't completable because this gap is too narrow to get into:

39c9a176de.png

Last edited:
Just an FYI, the first level has the player start moved to right near the exit so when you play it it spawns you there, instead of where you should be spawning. Act 2 isn't completable because this gap is too narrow to get into:

Thanks a lot for this review, I have updated the file as well as the version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back