So I'm kinda stuck on Port Forwarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow the fox

Old Shame account.
So I forwarded my ports and made my IP static but my netgame doesn't show up on the Master Server. I'm unsure if I did something wrong or I can't host period.

I have an Arris modem connected to a Sprint Airvana to help boost the phones in the house. That is then connected to my Netgear router. My computer is also on a wireless connection.

Anyone got any ideas?

First of all, you don't even need to make your IP Static. Not sure why that step keeps being mentioned. I'd be able to help you a lot more if you provided the model of the Router.

When port forwarding, all you really have to do is gain access to your Router(unless you have a Modem that can send a wireless signal, in that case you should check if it will let you port forward). Your router should have a webpage for modifying settings and all. Once you reach the webpage, search the menus to find Port Configuration, Portforwarding or Virtual Servers(either one of these or it could also have another name. Just look for an option that lets you port forward). Go there and on this page you want to specify what ports should be forwarded. Srb2 uses port 5029 so where it asks you to add a port you put 5029. Now it should also ask you for the Protocol. Srb2 uses both TCP and UDP so you want to have these 2 selected. Then there should be an option that allows you to specify what computer you want to be associated with this and it may ask you for an IP Address. All you have to do is put your computer's IP address NOT your computer's Public IP Address. Your computer's IP Address should start with 192. or something like that. Your router may let you search for the appropriate address so check if it does. After you have done all this make sure no firewalls will interfere with Srb2. Save the settings and if you did everything correctly then you should be able to host.

If you need any more help I'd be glad to help you some more.

Last edited:
First of all, you don't even need to make your IP Static. Not sure why that step keeps being mentioned.

I assume it's for if you want people to be able to directly connect to your IP. For a game where you use a master server, like SRB2, this is irrelevant.

It depends on which IP address you want to be static. You can't typically set your Internet IP to be static; the ISP controls that. However, you do want your computer's LAN IP to be static so you don't have to keep changing your port forwarding settings. You have to set that up on both your computer and the router (by moving the start of your router's DHCP pool above the static IP).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back