Can no longer join games after a port forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joosp

The journey no one knows but you
Hello SRB2 community. I've recently forwarded my ports to host servers, and it seems I can no longer join any online games whatsoever. Whenever I go to the join game menu, no servers appear at all. I still have my master server set to ms.srb2.org:28900. I've figured out that there is possibly something wrong with my port forwarding, because if I try joining servers in a completely different SRB2 executable, I still won't get any results. I'm still able to host a server perfectly fine, but I must have done something incorrect to cause me to lose the ability to join games. What's even stranger is that if I use listserv in the console, it shows the servers perfectly fine. I've tried unforwarding the ports but it didn't seem to have an effect on the problem.

srb2port.png

My router is a D-Link DIR-628, if that can help.

SRB2 is already allowed through Windows Firewall (The only other firewall/antivirus I have is an expired trial of Norton 360) along with port 5029... If it was a firewall problem, why would it happen when I forwarded ports? Before I forwarded, I could join fine and dandy.

Then try restoring your router to your original settings, when you could actually join netgames. Torgo is right though, there is probably some firewall or some other thing blocking you from joining games.

Also, how long do you wait for servers to appear? I now sometimes I have to wait quite a while for any servers to appear on the MS. Various times I find that most servers have quite a high ping which either means I have bad internet connection or they have bad internet connection. I'm still betting that there is something blocking you from joining netgames.

If all fails restore your router to it's factory settings. If all fails after that and you are really desperate to join a netgame then restore your computer to its factory settings, but I high recommend you don't do that(no seriously don't do it). That is, of course, if you really want to join netgames. Otherwise just bring your laptop to some computer store and see if they can help you with your problem.

Last edited:
Setting the router settings to it's original state fixed it. I might have to toy with forwarding ports to let myself host and join without having to go back and change it later. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back