Fixed Bug with Wind Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

MotorRoach

Roach when Sonic
Sonic Team Junior
Like, I've been playing with a character which contained the "ability2 = 1" line inside his s_skin. I've got the Wind Shield but I've noticed I couldn't jump twice as normally, like, I jumped and then I pressed spin, nothing happened, although the wind shield still works in the other ways (like, pressing jump while walking in the air)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just tried it and it is true, characters with "ability2 = 1" cannot use the wind shield double jump.

WAD used: Rosy the Rascal by Chrispy

It's rather amusing how much of a disadvantage characters have when they have nospin enabled for the sake of Multiability.

Case in point: Several areas in the game that literally require spinning to complete.

Quick thing to try, ability 2 = 2 with a shield ability. It's too late for me to test this, so someone test this before I do by tomorrow. ( Yes ability2 = 2 exists )

Quick thing to try, ability 2 = 2 with a shield ability. It's too late for me to test this, so someone test this before I do by tomorrow. ( Yes ability2 = 2 exists )

I just tested it, Whirlwind is still broken. The other shields worked fine, even Armageddon, which I also thought was broken but apparently not as I switched back to ability2 = 1 and it still worked.

Last edited:
Bug with wind shield? Use some Windex and a rag...

...what? Admit that's the first thing you thought of.

There's another bug involving the wind shield which I'm not sure has been fixed... You can use up the double jump when tired from flying, which is mighty annoying when you're still hammering the button trying to get somewhere, and it cuts away your glide time and drops you to your doom.

Actually, that was added as a feature, not a bug. That way you get a little extra boost at the end of your flight.

If you time it right, you can glide for a bit, then get a boost when you need it.

The problem is, you're probably mashing the button already in order to keep flying, and don't notice you've become tired before hitting the button once more and getting bumped into a freefall. At least have the courtesy of moving it to spin, like if it were a normal jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back